Intrusion Detection - Switching between Night and Day mode triggers alarm

emptor010

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have a camera with alarm out on v5.4.0 firmware. But this issue was occurring on v5.3.4.

When I use intrusion detection, it triggers an alarm when it goes from night to day mode and vice versa. I've tried drawing different areas, thresholds and sensitivities but still triggers.

I'm to the point of considering just getting a normal PIR to avoid false alarms.

Hope someone can help.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
not sure entirely on hikvision, but on my Dahua's this is triggered by video tamper alarm and is not part of the intrusion detection stuff.. iirc its enabled by default..

it detects sudden scene changes as tampering (ie shooting out a camera), and switching profiles can trigger it every time.

emptor010

n3wb
Reaction score
not sure entirely on hikvision, but on my Dahua's this is triggered by video tamper alarm and is not part of the intrusion detection stuff.. iirc its enabled by default..

it detects sudden scene changes as tampering (ie shooting out a camera), and switching profiles can trigger it every time.
Thanks. I don't have video tamper turned on. When I check the playback at the times it triggers (in the log against 'Intrusion Detection Started'), it's happening when changing from night to day and day to night.

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
I have 8 Hiks up. 4 2-line turrets, 1 2-line mini-dome & 3 4-line domes and they *all* do it.

I have motion, line cross & intrusion detection enabled on all 7 cameras, and I have the events gated in the VMS so that all 3 have to go off at the same time in a camera to generate an event, and they all still trigger on night-day-night transitions.

In fact they trigger on any gross scene lighting variation (like a fast moving cloud). I don't put any value on the detection algorithms in these cameras, even the expensive smart ones. I just use them because they form a good test bed for higher level stuff because they generate a shit-ton of nuisance alarms individually.

A PIR is a good move. If you don't have any mechanical movement nearby, I've always been a fan of dual-techs.

memonics

n3wb
Reaction score
We have over 500 cameras in the field and all of them do that twice a day (day to night mode and back). Only cameras that run in one mode, for example, day mode only, in a 24-hour lighted area or in a night/IR mode, in a always dark area can avoid this.

Thanks,
Memonics

emptor010

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Brad and memonics, I'm glad I'm not going crazy and thinking I was missing something obvious. ;)

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the bosch od850 f1.its alright.i still need to tinker with it.i have it on a post.the post shakes a bit each time the gate is open.the pir does not pick up the shake or the many birds that walk on the ground in the morning.not even bugs that fly around the driveway lights.picks up cars and people.id say it takes a random pic of nothing once every 20 pics or so.in the begining when it was on default settings I would get 30 email alerts per minute lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk