invalid username or password. Help please

GT60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi I have this message on my monitor

All i have done is unplug the NVR and all wires so i could fix the drawer and when i plugged everything back in i got the message.

I have never had this issue before so unsure what to do

The NVR is 4104HSP 4KS2 and IP cameras are Dahua

dh-ipc-hdw4431emp-ase 2.8mm 4mp epoe wdr fixed eyeball ntwrk cam,2.8mm,ip67,ir

The system is about 5 - 6 years old.

I have tried to; restart the system, Turn off the NVR and wait 10 minutes then restart and repeated this and unplugged the cameras and once the system had started I plugged the cameras back in.

On the front camera I re entered the password that I thought maybe “admin” but that doesn’t fix the problem and i haven't a clue what any other password would be as i googled that password and i haven't altered anything else.
The password for the NVR i know.

Now i am getting stressed out and would like step by step simple instructions on what to do Please, as I haven’t a clue.

Thanks

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you plug the cameras back into the exact same port it was in?

By default the user and password for the cams are the same as the NVR unless you changes them.

You may have to factory reset the cams and let the NVR reset them up.

GT60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi ya
Did you plug the cameras back into the exact same port it was in? yes and tried different ports as i only have 2 cams
By default the user and password for the cams are the same as the NVR unless you changes them. The only thing i have changed is the password for the NVR but that was when i got the CCTV and on the photo the password for the Cams only show 5 dots and my NVR password is 14 characters long so wouldn't it show as 14 dots?
You may have to factory reset the cams and let the NVR reset them up. Unsure on how to do that.

Thanks

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Dots dont mean anything

You need to default the cameras. There is a trap door on them where an SD card can be insterted and a small black button. Hold that down for 30 seconds and let them re-synch with the NVR

Then reboot the NVR after the cameras have been found.

GT60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you I will try that.
Should I re enter the cameras passwords so they match the NVR password 1st or just press the black button and see if that sorts everything out?

GT60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
THANK YOIU SO MUCH EVERYONE :) <3
Took the cameras apart to find the reset button and i now have a working camera and no messing with passwords or anything :)
Just got my garden one to do but i need long ladders for that so i will sort that soon.
Just wanted to let you know what's happening.
Thanks again. :)