iOS Hik connect app not ringing when call button pressed

Speuk

n3wb
Reaction score
https://ipcamtalk.com/conversations/

DS KB6003 Doorbell with iOS hik connect
I've recently installed this doorbell which works very well with my android s7 edge. However on my iPhone 8 running iOS 13.3 and iPad running iOS 12.4.4 when the call button is pressed I get a pop notification but the phone does not ring until I open the app. On the iPhone with vibrate turned on the phone will vibrate but not ring and the answer screen does not pop up until the app is opened.

I have found threads with people have a similar problem with android devices but not found anything relating to iOS version of the hik connect app

armi24

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. Did you solve the problem ? I have the same problem. On android s8+ everything work fine but on iOS iPhone 11 only vibrate.
Ringing only when i opened hikconnect app.
I have K1T501SF doorbell. So i think the problem is with Hikconnect iOS version.

Speuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. Did you solve the problem ? I have the same problem. On android s8+ everything work fine but on iOS iPhone 11 only vibrate.
Ringing only when i opened hikconnect app.
I have K1T501SF doorbell. So i think the problem is with Hikconnect iOS version.
Yes, I resolved this. It was having Him Connect notifications on Apple watch. Turn those off and iPhone rings

armi24

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent! Finally, it works just as you wrote, just turned off the notifications from Hikconnect to apple watch.
I dont think that it should do something with apple watch :oops:

Speuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent! Finally, it works just as you wrote, just turned off the notifications from Hikconnect to apple watch.
I dont think that it should do something with apple watch :oops:
Great, took me weeks to find that out. I found a post on an Apple forum on a similar issue for something totally unrelated to the hik doorbell. Can't remember what it was now but it have me the idea to turn of watch notifications for hik connect