iOS remote monitoring for a Dahua DH-SD29204T-GN?

Reaction score
How do I view my camera on iOS? Is there a sticky for Mac users or will this post (once again) be ignored? We're drowning in all this jargon, and just want to monitor this great camera with our iPhones on 4G. Please help.

Reaction score
We have it but it does not allow for us to view remotely. It is because we have no NVR? Is an NVR needed? We already have a PoE switch, so . . . (thank you for helping us)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
An NVR is not necessary, but you will have to figure out how to get inside your network remotely to see it. Best is to setup a VPN server on your router at home and use the VPN client on your phone to connect to your home network.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Dont think the app os the problem, sounds like he doesnt know how to configure it.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
... We're drowning in all this jargon, and just want to monitor this great camera with our iPhones on 4G. Please help.
The easiest way to access your camera from IOS device locally and remotely is to:
1. Delete camera in IDMSS.
2. Add camera back in IDMSS by adding it with P2P method where you scan the camera QR code or enter the camera serial number.

Reaction score
Yes, we did not know and yes I was not versed on the inner workings of adding a P2P camera, which worked. As for Blue Iris, it seems to call for a dedicated computer to be currently running the desktop version in order for the iOS app to work. Correct? And thanks for helping my wife and I.