IP address issues

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that is @EMPIRETECANDY, he is a reputable seller. So must be user error somewhere, that can be attributed to the wrong browser.

Which model is it?

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah that is @EMPIRETECANDY, he is a reputable seller. So must be user error somewhere, that can be attributed to the wrong browser.

Which model is it?
AU $576.26 5%OFF | New PTZ SD49425XB-HNR 4MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ AI Support Autotracking Network Camera , free DHL shipping

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, that camera is VERY SENSITIVE to the browser.

It needs to be Internet Explorer. Not Edge, not chrome with the IE extension, but plain ole Explorer baked into Win10.

I have two of these from Andy.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, that camera is VERY SENSITIVE to the browser.

It needs to be Internet Explorer. Not Edge, not chrome with the IE extension, but plain ole Explorer baked into Win10.

I have two of these from Andy.
Yeh but on the UI it wont let me change IP, so thats not using browser

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it is - how are you into the UI - it has to be from a browser. Post a full screen shot, you will see you are in a browser.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Use the configtool to change the IP , easier.
I am using the configtool bit It won't let me. It says not match sub net i think.

I can only change it to 192.168.0.x which my NVR won't allow me to change too.
I'll try to change it to 10.0.0.x tonight

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So is this a non-poe NVR? Because if it has POE ports on the back, the simple way to do it would be to factory reset the camera and then simply plug it into the back of the NVR and let it do it's thing.

If you do not have a POE ported NVR, then most of us here do not use the config tool as we keep our cameras off the internet.

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1643659199778.png

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it you are in the USA and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So is this a non-poe NVR? Because if it has POE ports on the back, the simple way to do it would be to factory reset the camera and then simply plug it into the back of the NVR and let it do it's thing.

If you do not have a POE ported NVR, then most of us here do not use the config tool as we keep our cameras off the internet.

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1643659199778.png

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.
Ok ill try this tonight.
The NVR is POE but i had an issue running it with POE+ cameras which this is so I used a switch.
I'll try factory reset on the configtool first, then your way if it doesn't work.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

1643659199778.png

I have a brand new PC so it doesn't have IE. Do i download it?

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok ill try this tonight.
The NVR is POE but i had an issue running it with POE+ cameras which this is so I used a switch.
I'll try factory reset on the configtool first, then your way if it doesn't work.
I can't download IE as my windows is too new.
Config won't let me change the IP
Camera Browser won't let me change IP
Set it to DHCP and NVR won't even allow it to change it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Brand new with Win11 or Win10?

You need to match new IP address with gateway.

So if you make the camera 192.168.0.100

Then the gateway needs to be 192.168.0.xxx where xxx is any number not used or is the IP of the router or NVR if you are giving it internet access

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it a Dahua NVR? If so, then it should be able to power the PTZ unless you have maxed out every port.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it a Dahua NVR? If so, then it should be able to power the PTZ unless you have maxed out every port.
Its a 16ch hikvision software NVR im running thru a POE switch and tried direct into the NVR POE.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Brand new with Win11 or Win10?

You need to match new IP address with gateway.

So if you make the camera 192.168.0.100

Then the gateway needs to be 192.168.0.xxx where xxx is any number not used or is the IP of the router or NVR if you are giving it internet access
Gateway is 192.168.0.1
Camera is 192.168.0.73

The NVR internal NIC is 10.0.0.1 won't let me change to 192.168.0.x
I can change it to 192.168.1.x but i can't change camera IP.

Starting to get pissed off with these chinese f###ing cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure about Hik NVR, but I suspect it is like Dahua and you can change the internal NIC address - are you doing it thru a browser or trying to do it thru a monitor hooked to the NVR? It needs to be thru a browser.

Maybe it won't let you change it to 192.168.0.x because that is the IP address range of your internet?

If you factory reset the camera, the default address is 192.168.1.108 and then start over using that IP address range.

I hate to break it to you, but it is operator error not the camera. That is evident by your IP address in one of your first posts in this thread showing an internal LAN IP that wasn't within the specified range. It is clear there is some serious networking issues in your system that never reared its ugly head until now and I am afraid we are just chasing our tails until you reconfigure your network.

For example, you have a POE NVR yet you use a switch. Is the Switch connected to a POE port or the WAN/LAN port. Are you cameras and NVR all on the same IP address as your other devices? If one isn't careful, it goes sideways quickly using a switch with a POE NVR.

If this camera was so problematic, I wouldn't own two of them and nobody would be recommending them.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure about Hik NVR, but I suspect it is like Dahua and you can change the internal NIC address - are you doing it thru a browser or trying to do it thru a monitor hooked to the NVR? It needs to be thru a browser.

Maybe it won't let you change it to 192.168.0.x because that is the IP address range of your internet?

If you factory reset the camera, the default address is 192.168.1.108 and then start over using that IP address range.

I hate to break it to you, but it is operator error not the camera. That is evident by your IP address in one of your first posts in this thread showing an internal LAN IP that wasn't within the specified range. It is clear there is some serious networking issues in your system that never reared its ugly head until now and I am afraid we are just chasing our tails until you reconfigure your network.

For example, you have a POE NVR yet you use a switch. Is the Switch connected to a POE port or the WAN/LAN port. Are you cameras and NVR all on the same IP address as your other devices? If one isn't careful, it goes sideways quickly using a switch with a POE NVR.

If this camera was so problematic, I wouldn't own two of them and nobody would be recommending them.
I have had other chinese PTZs that i logged into SADP or their UI and changed their IP and they worked thru the POE power supply and also direct into the NVR. This camera will work if i can just change the damn IP address and the config tool or UI won't let me.

It's pretty damn simple thing I've done many times before.
The config tool won't even do a factory reset!!!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you hung it up yet? If not there is a reset button inside.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you hung it up yet? If not there is a reset button inside.
Ok so i managed to get it onto to NVR and changed IP to 10.0.0.10
I set the gateway IP to the NVR gateway.

Only issue now is I can't see it on the screen. When I got into the camera on the NVR i can see it but when I look at all 9 cameras it is just blank/black