Reaction score
Hey there,

we have two IP Cams.

How can I Setup the Cams ?

THX in advance

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well that is just way too much information isn't it ? without any you can start by DL a program called SADP and you will find your cameras if they are even plugged in which at this point you have not mentioned that. I would suggest you add you camera models, POE set up and NVR or PC based how you plan to see the cameras may help in your starting out.

mrr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey thx

i have the Modell DH-IPC-HDBW2220RP-Z2

i want to connect the cam to a Dlink Switch and from the Switch to the Laptop

IS POE

I dont see any Camera SOS

THX

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you open a dos/command.com window on your PC, and type ipconfig, it will tell you your ip address.
It needs to be 192.168.1.x to be on the same subnet as the camera. If its on a different subnet, the PC and camera wont talk. And only plug in one camera at a time for setup. You'll need to change at least one of the cameras ip addresses so they are different.

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
Sometimes in the configtool settings you have to change it to search by ip domain.
config tool.JPG

mrr

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for Late anwser

Yes have a poe Port

I a Screenshot from the cmd

mrr

n3wb
Reaction score
only the Dlink switch is connected here the scrennshot from the cmd upload_2016-11-20_18-19-36.png

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That 169.x IP address isn't on the same network as the camera and I don't think it will be able to communicate with the 198.168.x default address of the camera. Randy mentioned this above...

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, they are on different subnets.
You need to turn off DNS on your PC, and set the IP address of the PC to something like 192.168.1.2, where the 2 can really be anything as long as it doesn't conflict with the cameras address.
I would have a very simple setup, like turn off wifi on the PC (if you have it), and then just connect the PC to the switch, and the camera to the switch. You should effectively have a three piece network of the camera, switch and PC.
Now the cam and PC are on the same subnet, and you should be able to talk to the camera. You can now change the ip address of the camera to an address in your normal subnet.
Do one cam at a time, for both cameras. Give cameras different addresses that won't conflict with anything else, and record the addresses somewhere. Then turn DNS back on for your PC, and everything should be on the same subnet.