IP Cam keeps loosing wifi conection

isostar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I installed a ipcam outside my house and connected it via Wifi, all is going well i can connect from outside and from inside all runs fine for aprox. 20 minuts after this time i can see my cam anymore, no access at all no matter if its from inside or outside the cam is not online anymore, after switching it of and back on again im able to see my cam for 20 minutes. The signal is ok from the main router but i put an AP because i thought this would be the problem but nothing changes, the signal is now very strong but it still keeps disconnecting. Could anyobe help me out or tell me what else could be the problem?
Thanks.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
run a wire.. sounds like good old interference, dont matter how good a signal you got.

microwaves, game controllers, remote controls, other wifi, radio controlled toys, baby monitors, and apps I can load on my phone can all knock a video stream off Wifi.. it needs a steady connection for alot of data, wifi cant do that.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ethernet over power might do the trick for you as well

Last edited by a moderator:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I had the same problems with wireless on 3 cameras and never could figure out where the interference was coming from. I tried changing wireless channels and added an access point to no avail, finally wired then up to solve the problem.

isostar

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments, but wiring is not an option as i can not wire up a cable to where the cam is, also i don´t think that interferences while cause this problem as there is no much electronic stuff in the near. Any other sugestion maybee?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Power Line Ethernet.. gives you a wired connection over existing wiring.. think of it as Ethernet over Power instead of Power over Ethernet.

Wiring is too an option, your not running off a battery are you? so whats that thing giving it power called?

Only other viable solution is get a camera that can record to local storage, like a SD card and live with that.. it wont rely on the network connection for recording, just live view and playback.