IP Cam recs for a Reolink victim

Reaction score
HI, I stumbled upon the thread here Alternatives to Reolink? and I have recently noticed blurred motion night vision from my RLC-520 cameras. I have 1 at the front doorway and 1 at rear doorway (I know ideally I would have more but wiring is a challenge). I am looking to add a camera or 2 to each of my detached garages. I have been running these for a few years now (with the reolink windows client) and never really paid much attention to it up until recently when a scumbag broke into our gated neighborhood and ransacked 3 detached garages. The perp has not been found/arrested yet. Needless to say this ticked me off greatly and this has forced me to start researching better options for night movement. Vehicle/person movement videos at night are a complete mess and I am sure would be completely useless to police. I am looking into investing into BI and using CodeProject.AI. My current NVR consist of Ryzen 3 1200, gtx 210, and 16gb memory but am looking to possibly upgrade to newer I7 (10th gen) or later as I have heard they work best for BI. I would like the new cameras to be at least 4MP. Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you were burned by the Reolink...and yep most people don't find out their cameras do not perform until it is the total stranger scumbag.

Take a look at this thread that shows the cameras recommended the most for the distance you want to IDENTIFY. In some instances it is a 2MP camera. These cameras represent the best overall cost and performance day and night,

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have pics of the perp, please provide the pics you got so we can add them to our unofficial Reolink thread!