Ip cam viewer slow fps

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if I've put this in the wrong place, but I had no clue where else to put it (and since I'm using hikvision cams ...).

I recently purchased my first cams (2332 and others), and everything is running fluently when I view it on my PC (20 fps, highest resolution, ...).
Whenever I open the rtsp stream in IP cam viewer (Nexus 5/7 or IPad air), I get really slow updates (something like 1-3 fps). Wireless connection is not the problem, as I connect my laptop wirelessly too.

Has anyone else experienced this or has a solution ?

Gr,
Deva

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is an option in the ipcamviewr camera settings for "prefer image quality over refresh" disable it...also why not just use ivms4500 mobile..

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"Prefer image quality ...." is already disabled :-(
I haven't heard of ivms4500, i will look into it !

[EDIT] ivms4500 looks great, however not all of the cams are HikVisions :-/ [/EDIT]

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if I've put this in the wrong place, but I had no clue where else to put it (and since I'm using hikvision cams ...).

I recently purchased my first cams (2332 and others), and everything is running fluently when I view it on my PC (20 fps, highest resolution, ...).
Whenever I open the rtsp stream in IP cam viewer (Nexus 5/7 or IPad air), I get really slow updates (something like 1-3 fps). Wireless connection is not the problem, as I connect my laptop wirelessly too.

Has anyone else experienced this or has a solution ?

Gr,
Deva
Are you recording these cameras & If so what are you using to record? I use & love IP Cam viewer but that said I think the performance could be better. There are allot of things that could be affecting the performance of it. Robert the develiper of IP Cam Viewer is a great guy, If you feel there is a problem with the software then shoot Robert a email and explain whats going on and he will try and help you. His email is robert.chou@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: