IP Cam wireless connection issue

boonedocks

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Boavision PTZ wireless IP camera that I cannot get to link to BI wirelessly or is not getting the signal. I can receive camera through the Cam HIPro app. Have connected camera with ethernet cable to router and connected with BI with out issues, recognizes as a foscam compatible but when I unhook the cable and change to the wireless address and click find/inspect it does not find compatible cams in search, even if I input generic/ONVIF, still nothing, error message 8000274C (timeout; check IP address and port). Also when I try to log into cam through its address I get the window and all the controls but do not receive a camera feed, wired or wirelessly, Thanks In Advance for any help you can offer to resolve this issue!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I assume this is the same cam from Nov. 18th ==> Boavision to BI issue ((HELP))

When you have the cam connected with an Ethernet cable and you put in the cam's IP into your browser, does it open up the cam's embedded webGUI?

If so, is there a place in the network => wireless settings where you have the camera "look" for your wireless' SSID so you have the cam log onto the wireless?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If he's able to see the camera with the HiPro app, wouldn't that mean that the camera is connected to WiFi? Unless the phone and camera are connected to a different network than the LAN, I guess.
True but I'm not so sure the OP got what I was asking so I'm still asking that question which was unanswered from before.
Every wireless cam I've ever setup non-p2p had to survey to find the SSID and log on.

boonedocks

n3wb
Reaction score

When you have the cam connected with an Ethernet cable and you put in the cam's IP into your browser, does it open up the cam's embedded webGUI?

If so, is there a place in the network => wireless settings where you have the camera "look" for your wireless' SSID so you have the cam log onto the wireless?
Thanks for the help,,, It does open up the GUI but doesn't show camera feed (image).

Yes you are correct,, yes it does open up with ethernet cable attached but there is no video feed ,,, just monitor drop down controls & settings drop down. SSID shows up correct, User & Pass are correct, ports are correct. without the ethernet cable & the wireless IP address in browser it says this site cannot be reached ( took too long to respond). When logged in on browser with cable all appears to have populated automatically.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the help,,, It does open up the GUI but doesn't show camera feed (image).
. SSID shows up correct, User & Pass are correct, ports are correct.
Does it appear to join / logon to the SSID displayed when configured to do so?

boonedocks

n3wb
Reaction score
Does it appear to join / logon to the SSID displayed when configured to do so?
? Yes appears to automatically populate and all looks correct,,, that is on the cams GUI, wired, just no video feed, all other controls and settings all appear. On WIFI it will not open up in browser ,,, it says this site cannot be reached ( took too long to respond).

boonedocks

n3wb
Reaction score
If he's able to see the camera with the HiPro app, wouldn't that mean that the camera is connected to WiFi? Unless the phone and camera are connected to a different network than the LAN, I guess.
yes it does open up with ethernet cable attached but there is no video feed ,,, just monitor drop down controls & settings drop down. SSID shows up correct, User & Pass are correct, ports are correct. without the ethernet cable & the wireless IP address in browser it says this site cannot be reached ( took too long to respond). When logged in on browser with cable all appears to have populated automatically.