IP Cam won't connect to router

Reaction score
This is my first post and i am new to IP cams.

I bought "KIT/301-04LB-W/4*322SR3-VSF28W-D", which is an NVR with 4 wireless IP cameras as a kit. I have a lot of issues with this kit. But for now my problem is i want to use one of the cameras as a standalone wireless IP cam. So i entered the menu and entered the router's credential and it won't connect.

My unsuccessful solutions were:
1) Change from DHCP to static (it connects but IP, subnet, and gateway are all zeros so its not actually working)
2) Change router
3) Change all wireless settings of router: SSID and Password to alphabet and numbers only, channel, bandwidth, encryption type,
4) Search for firmware update

The funny thing when i tried using my mobile hotspot instead of the router, it connected and worked successfully! Now what could i have missed ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's likely the cam's Wi-Fi are pre-configured to look for a hidden SSID from the NVR and login to it.

If so, you'd either have to log into cam and configure it to look for and slave to the SSID of your home router and not the SSID of the NVR. Even better, use a wired Ethernet connection to your LAN.

The specs says the cams have an Ethernet port. The Quick Guide also says the default IP is 192.168.0.13 and the login user/pass is "admin" and "123456"
I'm thinking you need to power the cam with it's included 12VDC power adapter, connect a good Ethernet cable to the cam, connect the other end of the cable to the NIC on your PC, set your PC's NIC to 192.168.0. XXX (XXX being anything BUT .13), perform a hard reset of the cam (button underneath cover), wait 60 seconds then open IE browser on PC and type in the cam's default IP of 192.168.0.13 to access the cam's embedded webGUI.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I already changed the specs preconfigured to work on the NVR's wifi to my router but it wont work as I stated above. I also restarted to factory default as well and doesn't make a difference. Using the ethernet port defies the purpose of wifi so it will be the last resort.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My unsuccessful solutions were:
3) Change all wireless settings of router: bandwidth

The funny thing when i tried using my mobile hotspot instead of the router, it connected and worked successfully! Now what could i have missed ?
Is channel width of your router set to 20MHz or same as mobile hotspot ?

Reaction score
Update

I finally found a solution. The only way, and I tried everything, is to change the IP range of the router from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.xx.xx

It finally worked and I didn't have a problem because I dont have any static IP devices attached to the network. It worked in DHCP normally without assigning an IP. Jeez, Uniview products and GUI has ZERO logic.