ip camera: cannot login: Uncaught ReferenceError: IPCLogin is not defined in index.js

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a cheap noname PTZ camera, attached to my network via PoE. I do not record from this camera but only watch the stream and use its PTZ function. Just recently we had a power out where the camera rebooted.

Some time ago I set up this camera and simply left it, it worked for me no issues.

since recently I cannot login to the camera anymore, this was not the case before.

The strange thing is: If I trace back the web browser errors, I get an error in index.js "Uncaught ReferenceError: IPCLogin is not defined ".

I therefore believe the index.js has some error, but this was not the case before, I was able to edit its configuration.
I did not do a firmware update nor anything to its configuration. The only thing that annoys me is the camera does not set its date properly now - it is stuck on 2018-01-01.

I tried numerous browsers and computers, even my special-purpose Windows XP laptop with IE 7.

How can I get back into that camera settings?

Maybe - just maybe, the camera has the model number IPC-Z25503ST

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was your camera on a static IP, or could you have received a new DHCP IPv4 lease since the power outage, leaving you with a new camera IP?

If you can check all of your ipv4 leases, you'll see the ip associated presently, and then may be able to log into the camera. In any case, you need to scan your network, identify the camera and it's IP and then log in to the UI. Best if it's a static IP I think, so this doesn't recur.

Likely similar to this camera?

Last edited:

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Static IP. I can open the login page of the camera. I can enter the credentials.

But after clicking enter or clicking the login button I get this Javascript error in the browser debug.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the meantime, have you unplugged it from the PoE and back in?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Try a reset back to defaults?

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My concern is: what happens if it stays this after reset?

Currently I can still use the camera, just not the settings. Besides - it is mounted near the roof where I cannot reach it easily :(

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Did the cam have access to the internet? If so maybe it has updated the firmware auto-magically? Have you tried using the default cred and password to see if that works?

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The cam has access to Internet, yes. I tried the default user and password but the same occurs.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The camera looks the same, yes.

I asked because that page also lists the software they believe is compatible - "Works on ISpy, Blueiris, Milestone, software. Works with NAS.Easy view on Web browser like IE, Firefox, Google Chrome."

Would it be possible to even download a trial version of BlueIris, or one of the others to at least see if you can bypass any browser errors to log in, and then configure as needed to get back to where you were?

It may be that since you set it up, your existing software (browsers etc) kept marching forward with the times, and now the camera is trying to use older code which doesn't jive with some aspect of modern browser code. If you could bypass that for now it may help .. ie: find a manner other than a browser to engage the camera, change settings, and so on in the hopes it will then have the right settings to be accessed by a browser. Either that or use an existing browser to 'emulate' being an older browser such as emulating IE, for instance.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Recording software like Blue Iris is not able to configure cameras.

If clearing the browser cache doesn't make the camera usable again in Internet Explorer, then chances are its firmware got corrupted.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Recording software like Blue Iris is not able to configure cameras.

If clearing the browser cache doesn't make the camera usable again in Internet Explorer, then chances are its firmware got corrupted.

Thanks for the clarity. I was hoping it was more like the Synology Surveillance Station I'm using which, while it doesn't provide complete control of camera settings, allows a user to search for and ID IP cameras on a network, log in to them on various ports, and then to change more than rudimentary settings. Sort of a hybrid approach I guess, but at the end a user still needs to log into the camera itself to dig deeper into settings.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well Onvif Device Manager is a free program that lets you configure some things in cameras that support Onvif, although a lot of stuff is likely to be broken. Probably that is how Synology does it too.