IP Camera Exception?

drunkntigr

n3wb
Reaction score
Have NVR 7616 with 8 physical PoE ports and then 2 additional cameras plugged in via PoE switch.
NVR is connected to a normal switch along with PoE switch.

One of the cameras works fine on the PoE switch, but when I try the other one it says IP camera exception [camera D9]

Looking at the picture, the 8 cameras on the internal NIC have IPs 192.168.254.xxx and the PoE switch ones I set to 192.168.1.2xx as they are on the LAN network (just to explain)

All IP cameras passwords are correct.

192.168.1.201 has the issue.
192.168.1.200 is fine. Both above cameras are from the same batch. The other 8 cameras directly connnected to the NVR are an old batch.

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
If you type in 192.168.1.201 in internet explorer can you hit the camera web page

drunkntigr

n3wb
Reaction score
? strange posts didn't show up. yes never knew we could do that. reduced the resolution to 720p and that has fixed it. was a resource issue with the nvr and the new camera being set at a much higher resolution by default.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this thread from 2 years ago but I am currently having the same issue. I purchased a Hikvision DS-2CD5A46G0-IZHS, bench tested it and just mounted it today.

All was going well, I was able to connect and view the camera while bench testing it to my Hikvision DS-7716NXI-I4/16P/4S, then once mounted I was able to access the cameras GUI and do the final tweaks.

After all was said and done I reconnected the cam back to the NVR and I am getting the same IP camera exception as stated above. I never encountered this issue before. As stated above I kicked the resolution down from 4k to 1080i and then down to 720p with no luck. Camera is powered on and receiving about 6.1w from the NVR so im assuming its not a power issue.

At this point I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

Attachments

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bumping. Any suggestions? I think i might try and re terminate my cat6.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Difficult to say. My guess is that when you plugged it into the NVR first time, it was assigned it's IP address using plug and play of 192.168.254.20 on one of the camera PoE ports. At some point when you plugged it in elsewhere, possibly to a different machine or port the IP address in the camera has altered so the information is now incorrect on the port that it's plugged in to. That photo you've shown with the thumbnail view - in the top right corner of the GUI click on the list view icon and you get a lot more information. I'm fairly sure that the message will be "network unreachable". This is because the port is trying to connect to the camera on its original IP address.

If you have any sort of network scanner app on a laptop - plug it into a spare port on the NVR and scan the 192.168.254 subnet and you should be able to find it's new IP. Then in the NVR for that channel click edit, change from plug and play to manual and enter the actual IP address and password.

Plug and play is convenient but it often gets messed up when your moving cameras between channels or replacing cameras for new. My preferred way of setting systems up is to:

1. activate and assign the IP address directly on the camera prior to connecting it
  2. set the channel to manual and enter the above IP address and password
  3. plug the camera into the NVR
Doing it as above means that you always know the IP of the camera - I start them at 192.168.254.101 for camera 1 and so on. If you later want to swap camera 4 for a new model, you know you need to simply activate it with 192.168.254.104 and your usual password then take the old one down and put the new one up. I realise that with virtual host you can use the NVR IP address appended with 65001 - 65016 to reach the camera but I prefer my IP's to be sequential. With plug and play the order you connect the cameras to the NVR is the order the addresses are assigned starting at 254.2 but if you move a camera to another port it will never reassign a previous IP - it'll always increment to the next never used in the subnet.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I must have half assed my cat 6 terminations. I re terminated both ends of the cat 6, tested it to double check everything lined up and had success when plugging the cam back into the nvr.

Always double check and test your cat 5/6 terminations.