IP Camera Monitor Setup

bykw2

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running GW Security CMS application and 3 monitors connected to my computer, I was wondering if anyone could tell how to prevent the monitor that is displaying camera footage from going to sleep when the other 2 monitors does.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:

More info is needed. For example:
  • What is your Operating System?
  • What provides video to the 3 monitors ? (onboard HDMI from PC to 1, onboard VGA to another, Video Card HDMI to third one, etc......there's lots of variations and possibilities so we need to know in order to advise).

bykw2

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running windows 10, i have dataport connection to the 2 desktop monitors and a hdmi connection to the TV displaying Camera images..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am running windows 10, i have dataport connection to the 2 desktop monitors and a hdmi connection to the TV displaying Camera images..
What sort of display management does the video driver task tray (Intel, nVidia, etc. ) provide?
Or is Win 10 managing your displays (Settings==>>Display==>>Multiple Displays) ?

bykw2

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you examined the advanced settings in that section to insure all 3 are set up the same way and that the HDMI monitor (TV) is not different?
Yes all 3 monitors goes to sleep, I want to keep the one with camera feed from doing it. The computer never goes to sleep...

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Normally, Win 10 will control all monitors the same, under Power & Sleep.

To follow up, just get mini computer or raspberry Pi and use it on the third monitor, then set it from going to sleep.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think Windows has per-monitor sleep settings. I doubt any operating system has such a feature.