ip camera no wifi after update with xmeye

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
hello,
i bought this camera : http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/metal-wifi-security-dome-IP-camera_60285300814.html?spm=a2700.7724838.30.1.CY7OAu in a store for 150$ (only worth 50$)

i updated it on the xmeye app & now my wifi function is gone.

where can i find the right firmware for my device?

thnx
You most likely need to email the seller and ask them for an updated firmware. This is the risk you run with buying unbranded alibaba hardware and updating - one of the main reasons you don't update that stuff as you know its a game of chicken when you push "update"...

Good Luck

portal88

n3wb
Reaction score
yes it is the first ip camera i bought in a spyshop & they sold cameras from this brand only (huishi)

ive send an email to them to ask but isnt there a univsersal firmware or something?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
yes it is the first ip camera i bought in a spyshop & they sold cameras from this brand only (huishi)

ive send an email to them to ask but isnt there a univsersal firmware or something?
Universal firmware.... Nope. Firmware is written to be hardware specific and in some cases manufacture specific. The only way to have an even semi universal firmware is to assure the exact same hardware is used the product is just branded by someone else. In that case you may be able to use someone elses firmware, but the hardware must be the same... So if you can find the exact same camera just private labeled from someone else you might be able to use that firmware, but again you are taking a huge risk and may end up with a brick instead of just not having wi-fi.

Honestly, take this opportunity to possibly upgrade to newer much better hardware unless you just can't justify it right now.

sluraschi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Portal88, I have the same problem with my 720p (I think 5010 or 5110 series) cam. Did you found any solution?

thanks!