IP camera software

Rob_blum

n3wb
Reaction score
I have used Blue iris in the past but the CPU usage was in the 90 %. I am using Ispy right now. I am looking for feed back on software to use that is good. I dont mind paying for it as long as it is good.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect you are not running EVERY optimization in the wiki and probably made changes you thought would lower CPU and actually has the opposite effect.

With substreams the CPU goes down tremendously.

What version BI are you on, and what is your CPU and number of cameras and MP/s number from the BI status page?

A member here is running 50 cameras with an i7 4790 and was at 100% CPU and was looking for recommendations for a new machine or VMS. After strong persuasion by many of us, he reluctantly agreed to do every optimization and is now at 30% CPU. And that is without a graphics card...Direct-to-disc and substreams are a must....

Rob_blum

n3wb
Reaction score
I suspect you are not running EVERY optimization in the wiki and probably made changes you thought would lower CPU and actually has the opposite effect.

With substreams the CPU goes down tremendously.

What version BI are you on, and what is your CPU and number of cameras and MP/s number from the BI status page?

A member here is running 50 cameras with an i7 4790 and was at 100% CPU and was looking for recommendations for a new machine or VMS. After strong persuasion by many of us, he reluctantly agreed to do every optimization and is now at 30% CPU. And that is without a graphics card...Direct-to-disc and substreams are a must....

I want to thank you for your help. I followed the steps and my CPU issage went from 100% and 1.3 Gigs of memory to 35% CPU and 125 MB of Memory . your a life saver .