IP Camera stream Directly to Youtube

noproblem

n3wb
Reaction score
Step 1: Camera
Need an IP Camera with RTSP support. I used the “dahua ip camerq ”.

Step 2: Configure Camera

my dahua was hard coded IP address of e.g 192.168.1.22

Step 3: Video Stream Test
The RMTP address will need to be changed if it includes a username/password that doesn’t match that of your camera.

The address for my dahua device is e.g rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.22:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1.

Open the RTSP address in VLC media player and it should stream your camera video

Step 4: Youtube Live

Sign up for Youtube Live and create a Live Event or use the default Live Stream. The default Live Stream must be public, so I use Live Events.

Set the broadcast settings to your preference. The Stream optimizations settings in the advance should be set based on how fast your internet upload speed is.

Step 5: Broadcast Software
Install the open source Open Broadcasting Studio Open Broadcaster Software | Download

Add a “Media Source” in the sources section and set it to the same RTSP address that you used in VLC.

In “Setting” open the Stream Settings tab and set it to use Youtube Live. Copy in the secret Stream ID from your Youtube Event.

Press “Start Streaming” to start streaming to youtube.

Step 6: Stream
Go back to your Youtube Event “Live Dashboard” and click “Start Preview”. It should show that the stream is healthy and allow you to Start Streaming.

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Handy tutorial but it's not really streaming directly to YouTube, you are using a computer in the middle to transcode the RTSP stream to RMTP.