IP Camera weird issue

ryannewell

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have an "IP Camera" which is the only label on the device. After doing some searching I found some login screens that look the same so the model number will be IPQ1639x or one of it's brothers something very close to that.

Last night I logged into the default ip address of 192.168.1.123 and was attempting to change to a static IP address. It gave an error, so I clicked around a bit, got back to the static ip page and clicked "Apply". after I did this I noticed the address I had typed in was no longer there but was set to 23.17.204.1 (what a strange default). This is all within my home network, so now I can no longer access the camera.

Is there any way to change the IP address back to something I can access? No matter what I try I can't log in anymore, since 23.17.204.1 is something my router thinks is outside the network.
This is a hard wired camera with no reset button that I can find (I've opened it up and see all the circuit boards but no buttons)

Any help or did I just accidentally brick a camera?
Ryan

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...here is what you can do...connect the camera directly to your pc..no router in the middle...go to your network settings>change adapter settings>properties>internet protocol version 4...select use the following ip address 23.17.204.2 (notice its one off your cameras ip address) hit ok. now try logging into the camera...
Remember to set it back to auto or you wont be able to get back on your network...

ryannewell

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, great idea I would never have thought of.
I tried it just now directly connected to the computer but still nothing. Do I need to enter a Default gateway or DNS numbers to my new computers ip address of 23.17.204.2 ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
no you should not need anything other than the ip address and subnet mask..are you certain about the ip address? have you tired connecting to your network and running a ip address scanner?

ryannewell

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not certain. That was the only odd number in my ARP table and in the moments when I had originally clicked "Apply" I remember there being a xxx.xxx.204.xxx number in there. The 23.17.204.x is different than my routers IP address. I just did an "Advanced IP scanner" scan but the camera doesn't show up at all in the list. After putting the kids to sleep, I'll try connecting it directly to the computer again and doing some more scans. *sigh* and really all I need is a reset button.

ryannewell

n3wb
Reaction score
Downloaded that software just now. Tested it through the regular network and again plugged directly into the computer and the software didn't detect the camera either way.... arg. Bricked I guess. It was a camera which I had found in the back of my dad's garage and had it working once until I tried changing the IP address. Now it's invisible to everything I've tried. At least it's not a huge loss, but it is a dissapointment.

I'll come back to this problem later when I have some more time
Thank everyone for the suggestions