Ip Cams not detected

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi Guys,

I just installed a new hikvision DS-7616NI-E2/16P nvr. Connected 7 Dome Ip Cameras & 3 Bullets IP Cameras.

Started the nvr for the first time and normally it should auto detect the cameras on the default ip's 192.168.254.2 etc etc but it didn't. I can't use the SADP cause am using a MAC OS to check on the cameras.

What are my options here? What might be the reason for the NVR to not detect the IP Cameras as normally it should?

Thanks
Shads

josalamanca007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Hikvision bullet's default IP was 192.168.1.64, I would suggest you place the NVR in the same subnet.

You could also scan 192.168.255.255 with nmap on Mac OS X.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My Hikvision bullet's default IP was 192.168.1.64, I would suggest you place the NVR in the same subnet.
No need to do that, the problem cameras are in the network segment that the NVR PoE ports are on, not the LAN segment.
By default, the network segment used by the PoE ports (192.168.254.0) is not accessible from the LAN network segment.

The NVR PoE ports Plug&Play facility will automatically configure the camera's IP settings, given valid logon credentials, and also, on the newer NVR firmware, provide the ability to 'Activate' the cameras.
But - depending on the model of camera, and the firmware version of the cameras, Plug&Play does not work and a manual approach is required.
Which is easy enough - if you can set the IP addresses of the cameras to match that of the PoE port it's connected to.
SADP from a Win PC connected to an NVR PoE port really is the best alternative if the NVR won't find and manage the cameras automatically.
It will find the cameras, allow 'Activation' and set the needed IP address.
Can you borrow a Windows laptop?

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you borrow a Windows laptop?
Am actually installing windows 7 on my mac n the bootcamp and this should help me use windows os. Now i need to understand something, SADP software after i install i connect the cameras using a POE switch or i can use the one on the NVR and connect one of the ports? Okay am asking dumb questions but nothing bad in knowing and understanding right.. haha. Anyways

Let me do the windows installations etc and will see what happens.

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Hopefully with the SADP i can get the ip and it should be able to solve my problem..

BTW why do we get this kind of problem and is it a normal issue or not an issue?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you try resetting the cameras to default, I had a Chinese Dome that wouldn't connect as it had a weak password. I factory reset it and the plug and play just kicked in.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The dome I had, had a button inside that you pressed while applying the poe power. This rest the can and it just connected via plug and play.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Whats the best and simplest way to reset in your opinion.
At the moment you do not need to do any resets.
The first thing to do is to be able to connect to the cameras.
If the Windows install on the Mac works as well as a regular Windows install -
Install SADP V3.x from here : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
SADP will find cameras even if their IP address is in a different address range from the computer - but they must be on the same network wiring.
Does the Windows in the Mac have a fixed IP address? What does it do if there is no DHCP server? Hopefully a self-administered value, which would still be valid. If not - assign a fixed address that is valid on your normal network.
Connect the Mac to one of the PoE ports of the NVR.
Have the cameras connected to the NVR PoE ports.
Start SADP.
It will find the cameras.
If they need activation - do so, with a strong password.
Then change the IP address of each camera to match that of the NVR PoE port / channel that it is connected to.
This is likely to be 192.168.254.2, .3, .4 etc
Then you can go back to the normal LAN connection and in the NVR web GUI, in Camera Configuration set each channel to which you have a camera connected to 'Manual' mode instead of Plug&Play.
Leave protocol as Hikvision, port=8000, password matching what you set on the camera.
At that point all should work OK.

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alastairstevenson, am still trying to install windows using bootcamp on my mac but its giving me a hell of a tough time and imagine am a computer engineer and still haven't resolved it lol. Am sure i will rectify that and plus i have until Tuesday cause we are on holidays here.

I will give it a try exactly how u have explained and am sure it will solve the minor issue i am facing. Will be back here to report my doings.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using the POE ports on the cameras? If so surely resetting them so plug and play works is the easiest? Unless you've already set configurations on the cameras?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you using the POE ports on the cameras?
Yeah, well all lights at the back of the NRV are all blinking and cables connected properly. I haven't set any configuration yet but am heading to my client tomorrow to work it out. Installed windows 7 on my mac using vmware and hope it works out.. Will also check the reset button inside the camera and try that out also.

But i find it weird that a new camera comes with a different IP instead of a default IP 192.168.254.etc etc.. Would anyone know why this happens?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think it was because the seller had put a hacked firmware on my Chinese dome. A full reset and it connected via the plug and play option in the NVR.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think it was because the seller had put a hacked firmware on my Chinese dome. A full reset and it connected via the plug and play option in the NVR.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Will try out the SADP software tomorrow and try a reset also

shaids

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so the best solution was connecting cams to SADP and reseting the IP to match the NVR internal IP and worked like a charm.

The IP on the cams was 192.168.1.64 after changing that to 192.168.254.etc i had to go to cameras settings in the NVR and change to manual and made sure i input the password for it to work. After that, all great..

Thank you all for the support and suggestions. I am grateful really.