IP Video Over Fiber Extender

DanK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to broadcast and stream over IP HD events using this HG-SDI fiber extender. I am looking into having the ability to do full multicam mixes in 4K. My question is does anyone had experience with this Panasonic IP camera AW-HE130?
What are users doing for 4K long cable runs. Please advise

Thank you,
Dan

DanK

n3wb
Reaction score
We're already using ip feed for DVR, but I would like the second independent sdi run to our second custom DVR system and sdi monitors as well
My question is does anyone had experience with this Panasonic IP camera AW-HE13

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would trust the word of someone who bought a $9000 PTZ camera that uses coax cable for connectivity.

DanK

n3wb
Reaction score
SDI provides the best output quality, SMPTE stream is not compressed so I don't get your point from your last post. This is custom application and I didn't disclose all technical details. Sorry, but your reply sound rude to me, if you can't stick to the topic, again very simple question does anyone had experience with this Panasonic IP camera AW-HE13...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude. This is a security camera forum, so I assumed your goal was video surveillance. The camera you linked is obviously not a security camera, given its specialized I/O and hilariously high price, and I wanted to point out that anyone who bought that camera for video surveillance would be a money-wasting fool. Apparently your goal is something different, where perhaps the cost of the equipment is justified. Either way, you are unlikely to find anyone here (on an IP security camera forum) who has experience with that camera or any camera like it. Your best bet is probably to talk to the vendor it was purchased from, or the manufacturer directly. Goodness knows they charge enough for the hardware, they should be willing to answer questions about its integration.