IP2M-841EW moves by itself

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
guys - I'm using this camera with BI and a few weeks go by without issues but then suddenly the camera moves in a particular direction by itself - it could be any direction but currently it moves about 20 degrees to the right. How do I prevent this from occuring?

Also has anybody gotten presets to work? Amcrest support their current version which I have is known to be buggy - V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18

Thx

Reaction score
guys - I'm using this camera with BI and a few weeks go by without issues but then suddenly the camera moves in a particular direction by itself - it could be any direction but currently it moves about 20 degrees to the right. How do I prevent this from occuring?

Also has anybody gotten presets to work? Amcrest support their current version which I have is known to be buggy - V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18

Thx
There is another post about this, someone posted this maybe it will help you. They also have amcrest representatives in the amcrest forums area. good luck

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last question first - yes the presets work just fine in the Amcrest User Interface, SmartPSS by Dahua or Amcrest, Amcrest Surveillance Pro (new version of SmartPSS) and Blue Iris
The Tour works fine in all of these also but any of the other items on that menu of things it can do have never worked for me.

I've asked about the other issue here and in the Amcrest forum with no solution but their support team does want me to contact them.
Since it is not an auto tracking camera that isn't an issue either. Mine always returns to preset 03 no matter what view or direction I actually set as preset 03.
So, I now use 03 as a Home function even though the camera isn't designed to have one that I know of.
It does this no matter what software it is being used on either.
Deleting Preset 03 does stop the problem as it doesn't just choose another one to home in on, but then resetting any view to Preset 03 and it's right back again.

I Just did another test that went like this:
1- pointed it in an odd direction and shut down Blue Iris then disconnected the power from the unit.
2- reconnected power with no software running and it went through its warmup to find its relative position, then moved to 180 degrees opposite as normal and then it turned to the position it was in when I shut it down
3- In less than 30 seconds it moved to the Preset 03 direction with still no software running at all.
Somehow it has coded itself to remember Preset 03 as a Home or default. This position was the one that I kept the camera on 99% of the time anyway but sometimes I'd like to look at something longer than whatever time it chooses and that time is variable also.
I assume that a hard reset will eliminate this but since I can now take advantage of it like a feature, I am reluctant to lose this.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm assuming the presets have to be set on the camera guI? When you log in, the first page itself has a section for presets on the bottom right. I type in 4, zoom in and hit set and then expect preset 4 to be zoomed in. However, when I type in 1 and hit Go To, it doesn't do anything. If I zoom out and then type in 4 and hit Go To, again it doesn't do anything. Amcrest confirmed me with that this software bug's pertain to presets as well and hence it's not working

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thx
I've got 4 of the IP2M-841's and none of them has exhibited that behavior in the year I've had them. I had already updated the f/w late last summer to "Amcrest_IPC-AWXX_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.420.AC00.18.R.20190803".

I've attached it below if you'd like to try and "downgrade". FWIW, for configuration with this f/w you use Chrome as a browser, IE with plug-in not required or used.

Attachments

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the presets work in your firmware too and is this for the 841ew

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the presets work in your firmware too and is this for the 841ew
My presets work OK but.....the "E" suffix on your cam indicates POE and the firmware IS different between mine (841) and yours (841E) as indicated on their site here.
Sorry I cannot be of any real help.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@dohat leku are you running yours in BI 4 or 5 ?
TonyR has previously said that his 841 worked in both versions but I have no PTZ control on my 841 or my 1051 cams at all with BI 4
Any other software I have full PTZ control and can set and delete any presets. I will be pretty upset if I buy BI 5 and still have no PTZ control.
This "return to Preset03" problem is certainly a hardware or firmware issue since mine returned with no software running at all.
It would be a great feature if I could also look at preset 01 for as long as I want though.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had read elsewhere in the forum that some had to set the presets in the web UI and then use them in BI.
BI 4 has no PTZ or preset control for me (yet) so I can't help you there, but your news is quite discouraging since I wanted to grab a few more 841's. :(

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when you zoom in or use the ptz function, does the camera go back to the last setting automatically in 30 seconds? Is this a default behavior?

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
when you zoom in or use the ptz function, does the camera go back to the last setting automatically in 30 seconds? Is this a default behavior?
That is not supposed to be a default behavior - the 841 does not have a default or home preset.
I've not just done a factory reset on mine yet as I am trying to find a way to take advantage of this instead of deleting it :)

Edit: I did just notice something when trying the new Amcrest Surveillance Pro software - when there was a motion trigger set, and motion detected, the cam would move itself to preset 01 (which maybe I told it to for some reason).
Part of this is because I am tinkering with the new software and have not read the instructions yet but just now I have removed all motion trigger setups and removed preset 03 and it has been sitting on preset 04 for half an hour.

Last edited: