IP3M-956E reboot loop/no webUI

0ddentity

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Bought a refurb'd IP3M-956E a while back. Set it up, using it w/zoneminder.

Worked great for a few months and just recently it stopped working, at least normally.

Now it seems to boot partially then reboot after almost exactly 1 minute (interesting timing).

When it's up, nmap shows port 23/telnet is open (which gives a login prompt for which I don't have the credentials) and 3800 which I don't know what its for (google suggested its for upnp?).
That's it though - no port 80/443 or any web access.
Then 1 min later it's gone, and then back again.

I crimped the cable myself but I have an ethernet tester and it passed ok. Rechecked the cable today and it's still good.
Not sure about the poe spec/length (17' cable) but it worked ok for months so why would it not work now..
It's installed outdoors and gets the sun/rain but its an outdoor cam. I took it all apart today to test indoors and there was no sign of moisture in the enclosure.

I think when it was on a shorter/indoor cable (same poe switch) it didn't do the reboot every one min, but it never booted to the web UI.

Does this suggest it's finished? Sounds like it's stuck in a service mode or something but maybe it's worse than that.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

K.L.

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Strange, any chance you can take it inside again then test it out using the shorter cable you mentioned?

lordlex

n3wb
Reaction score
I have same sort of problem (reboot loop after ~1 minute) with a dahua VTH5221DW... I try to upgrade over port 3800 with Configtool but it asks for user and password... found two versions but none works... My device do not have ssh or telnet active... Did you manage to find the login credentials?

Last edited: