IPC-4231 in corridor mode - won't display in iOS app - app crashes

Reaction score
Have a 'wedge' 4231 camera beside my carport, monitoring the path there. It's rotated ninety degrees in BI, and appears fine in the Blue Iris Windows application, and also on the 'all cameras' mosaic/overview. But if I tap the camera to bring it up, the iOS app crashes and restarts. The camera is set to 15 FPS, substream is enabled, and hardware acceleration is disabled. The problem camera is in the upper-left.

Attachments

Last edited:

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have a 'wedge' 4231 camera beside my carport, monitoring the path there. It's rotated ninety degrees in BI, and appears fine in the Blue Iris Windows application, and also on the 'all cameras' mosaic/overview. But if I tap the camera to bring it up, the iOS app crashes and restarts. The camera is set to 15 FPS, substream is enabled, and hardware acceleration is disabled. The problem camera is in the upper-left.
If you view the camera from the list rather than tapping on it in the All Cameras grid, does it also crash?

Did you do the rotation in the camera or in BI?

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If your camera has the option, rotate the image 90° in-camera rather than in BI. Then check if the mobile app still crashes. Also email BI support about this issue if you haven't already. :)

Reaction score
If your camera has the option, rotate the image 90° in-camera rather than in BI. Then check if the mobile app still crashes. Also email BI support about this issue if you haven't already. :)
You sir, have NAILED IT. There was indeed a rotation option in the Dahua camera settings.
Used that instead of rotating it in BI, and now the phone app displays without crashing.
DOH!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You sir, have NAILED IT. There was indeed a rotation option in the Dahua camera settings.
Used that instead of rotating it in BI, and now the phone app displays without crashing.
DOH!
This should also result in reduced CPU usage on the PC.... Though the crashing issue seems to be a bug in the app itself....