IPC-A35 - no PTZ though SmartPSS or iDMSS?

skipdup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got an A35 from Andy. Can't seem to get the PTZ to work through SmartPSS or iDMSS. Works perfectly through the Dahua NVR.

It seems like I remember reading something about issues with PTZ through one of the programs, but can't find it now. And, I've been reading so many posts lately, I may just be mistaken.

Is there a setting or something to make it work?

Thanks,
Skip

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got an A35 from Andy. Can't seem to get the PTZ to work through SmartPSS or iDMSS. Works perfectly through the Dahua NVR.

It seems like I remember reading something about issues with PTZ through one of the programs, but can't find it now. And, I've been reading so many posts lately, I may just be mistaken.

Is there a setting or something to make it work?

Thanks,
Skip
Do you have multiple PTZ connected to your NVR and is always the same responding to the PTZ commands, or is it just this one?.
Since updating my NVR firmware I could control only one specific PTZ with apps. WebUI and OSD on the NVR work fine.

skipdup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is the only PTZ I have.
NVR5216-16P-4KS2 with 3.210.0003.0, build 2017-4-18 - if that helps.

Thanks,
Skip

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Firmware Version is same as mine. I have the phenomenon that i could only control the PTZ which was seen first by the NVR.

skipdup

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your post made me realize I should try rebooting my DVR. Sure enough, mine's working now.
Newb.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm still hoping for someone who's got more than one PTZ to verify it's a bug in the new firmware. I'm glad that the gap is fixed while recording events. But PTZs are worthless if you can't control 'em :smash:
Maybe @EMPIRETECANDY could ask Dahua Support for this problem?