IPC-B52IR-Z12E S2 Dahau sunrise/sunset issues

drh329

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 LPR cameras, the first one is empiretech IPC-T54IR-ZE that I have had for a while and works perfectly with the sunrise/sunset app, I installed a second LPR, empiretech IPC-B52IR-Z12E S2 that I can not for the life of me get the app to switch it day or night mode like it does with my other camera. The options are image settings are-
Working Mode
Self-adaptiveCustomized Scene
Day/Night Switch

If I use day/night in the camera settings it changes it after hit has gotten dark . Anyone know what to change to set this so it will switch with the sunrise/sunset app?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The sunrise/sunset app doesn't work with the S2 and S3 models (any camera with the new GUI that is white/blue compared to the black/grey of the older GUI).

BUT the new GUI using the day/night switch does finally work as we would expect it to and will switch to the night profile when it gets too dark.

What about it isn't working? At the faster shutters is should be kicking into night mode about 30-45 minutes before sunset based on less light.

So your options are:

• Use the Day/night switch
  • Use the camera GUI schedule and set a day/night profile per month
  • Use another program to run the API like BI or Home Assistant or some other program with the following API for day and night profile:

drh329

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The sunrise/sunset app doesn't work with the S2 and S3 models (any camera with the new GUI that is white/blue compared to the black/grey of the older GUI).

BUT the new GUI using the day/night switch does finally work as we would expect it to and will switch to the night profile when it gets too dark.

So your options are:

• Use the Day/night switch
  • Use the camera GUI schedule and set a day/night profile per month
  • Use another program to run the API like BI or Home Assistant or some other program with the following API for day and night profile:
Thanks, the GUI is frustrating IMO, whats the best way to go, day/night switch?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, many people are not fans of the new GUI LOL. I am getting used to it finally.

The easiest way is to use the day/night switch, but even that is kinda weird. You first have to be on customized scene to set the parameters for the day profile and night profile. After those are set, then switch it to day/night switch.

The nice thing about this compared to the API is that it will now actually change to the night profile when there isn't enough light (cloudy enough that it should kick in earlier than the API will based on sunset). That was the whole issue with the old GUI and why the sunrise/sunset app was created because the old GUI would simply pick a profile and then just change to color or B/W and the parameters may not have been correct. But now the day/night works as we expect it to.

drh329

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I appreciate the info and help, I was starting to get really frustrated at something that shouldn't be that difficult.