IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP Varifocal Cam Issue

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally had the time to install the cameras this week and so far so good except:

1) NVR Device Initialization was successful. Logged out of NVR, logged back in and added IP cameras via NVR Camera Registration page. (Received feedback that cameras could be added via the NVR or Web Service).

Added cams one at a time. Cam#1- successful, #2- empty port, no cam purchased yet, #3- THE ISSUE, see below, #4- successful, #5- successful, #6- successful, #7- successful, #8- empty port, no cam purchased yet.

Cam#3- On NVR Camera Registration page the NVR assigned IP address, Status has green dot, Device Name appears, on "Live" view page green movie camera icon & ethernet port symbol appear, in square/tile no. 9 it even shows CH D3 Kb/S fluctuating like the other cameras.......but all I see is a black screen with white snow. It's not a black/blank screen like port #2 and #8 due to them not being used. Cam#3 (IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP varifocal) acts as though its working but no correct video. Any suggestions?

2) As mentioned above, received feedback to make all event/camera settings changes via the Web Service. I'm okay with that.....but just curious as to why? Also noticed when using the Web Service, next to the address bar it reads "Not secure".....is that normal when using the Web Service? In the Management>Camera>Image page to make changes to Saturation, Brightness and so forth, I need to scroll down to click the "OK" button, but when scrolling down the video image goes black but when scrolling back up then the video image reappears. Any fix for that or is that just the Web Service software?

#) After many attempts, where and how do I use my optical zoom capability of the IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP varifocal cams?

Thanks in advance.

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry about that looney2ns.

NVR5208-8P-4KS2E 8 Channel
IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP
IPC-T5442TM-AS 4MP

Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm new to the "game", but willing to learn. I did an ipcamtalk search for "Dahau ip camera showing no video" etc but no luck.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Assume you’ve checked the cable to that camera?

Have you tried clicking on the blue IE icon and going to the camera itself? Recommend you make all image and event changes on the camera itself via web browser.

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Assume you’ve checked the cable to that camera?

Have you tried clicking on the blue IE icon and going to the camera itself? Recommend you make all image and event changes on the camera itself via web browser.
Yes. I purchased an extra ethernet cable, plugged it into Cam #3 and port #3 and the same thing happens.

While in the Web Service (192.168.x.xxx), I clicked on the blue IE icon and a P2P page shows up with a P2P box "checked" along with a barcode and a "Next" button. Should I leave the box "checked" and click the "Next" button or alternatively, am I supposed to put the IP address of Cam #3 in the address bar to get to the camera itself?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No uncheck. Next then it will ask you if you want to auto upgrade firmware, No

Then you will be at the login page for the camera. The NVR sets the IP in the 10.1.1.x range leave it alone

Each camera web interface (thats what you're looking at) will ask you those same two questions, P2P and auto-update, say no, It will only ask the first time. Then login to the camera. The login/pass will be the same as your NVR.

Make all image and event (MD/IVS) cahnges on the individual camera not the NVR.

Last edited:

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bigredfish - Followed your steps regarding accessing the "camera itself" and it worked. Thanks.

Regarding no video coming from Cam #3 - just did a "reset" of cam #3 by pressing the reset button for 5-7 seconds while still connected to the NVR. After the cam rebooted and re-registered itself with the same IP address still no video.

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After hours of tickering with things.....but ultimately after bigredfish suggestion of going into the "camera itself" and letting you know that it was still showing no video. I took a break but when I got back to the monitor the camera is now actually showing an image....a blurry image, but atleast an image.

Is it a bad camera? Any thoughts?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Check the bitrate and FPS under “video” and the. Exposure in “conditions”

Set bitrate to 8192 FPS to 30
Exposure to Auto

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
GREAT NEWS!!!!! Cam #3 is connected and working. The blurry image was due to zoom being set to high.....zoom may have been changed when I was trying different things to get it to show video, but I just moved it back to 0.

Just interesting why Cam #3 connected fairly quickly but it took a long time for it to show video.

bigredfish - sincerely, thank you. You cleared up my confusion by explaining that all event/setting changes should be done via the Web Service and not on the NVR. More specifically, all event/image changes should be done individually for the "cameras themselves" (i.e. 10.1.1x range, by clicking on blue IE icon) and NOT on 192.168.x.xxx. What made it confusing for me is that when you go to the 192.168.x.xxx Web service and click on Management>Camera>Image, it allows you to make changes.....but I NOW realize the changes need to be made for each individual camera by clicking on the blue IE icon. Thanks again.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Congrats!
In theory you should be able to adjust settings either place. My experience is that less shit goes wrong if you stick to using the camera to adjust most image and event things and resign the NVR to mostly record and playback functions. At least on the built-in PoE models.

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Something strange happened with the "date"......appears an easy fix but want to make sure that I edit the "date" in the correct location.

I woke up this morning to view recorded footage using the NVR for my 1st time. NVR Playback started last night at 12:34am when a car drove up blocking my driveway and the driver was yelling during a phone conversation (damn, the things that go on at night while I was sleeping). Anyways, the date "stamped on the video" shows 4/10/2020 at 12:34am (the time was correct). As of this morning, it still shows 4/10/2020. I'm certainly positive the date has been correct since installing the NVR earlier this week. The only thing I did yesterday was hook my last turrent camera AND made a few "zoom" modifications to the bullets using the blue IE icon for each individual camera.

As of this morning, this is what I see for the DATE & TIME for each scenario:
NVR settings - 4/10/2020 is incorrect, Time is correct, Time Zone is UTC-08:00 Pacific is correct
Web Service 192.xxx.x.xxx settings - 4/10/2020 is incorrect, Time is correct, Time Zone is UTC-08:00 Pacific is correct
Clicking on each blue IE icon settings - Cam1, 2 no camera yet, 3, 4,5,6,7 (installed yesterday), 8 no camera yet - 4/10/2020 is incorrect, Time is correct, Time Zone is UTC-08:00 Baja is incorrect.

Why did the time change and where should I change the time (on NVR, in Web Service, or by clicking on each blue IE icon)

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@LBX

On your NVR, Management -> System -> Date&Time Tab
Do you have NTP checked?
What Server do you have? I'm using time.windows.com, port 123 with interval of 60 minutes. (clock.isc.org also works)
Does Manual Update return "Refresh Successfully!"
My TimeZone is set correct here (Eastern)

On my cameras, I don't have the Timezone set correctly (UTC), but the NVR pushes the correct time to the cameras. I do have DST checked (but I don't think that matters)

Last edited:

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My apologies for not responding yesterday. We had tree roots/plumbing issues that have been resolved.

Update: as of this morning the NVR and WebService both show 5/10/2020. But when I click on the blue IE icon the date on each specific camera is correct. I.E. 2020-01-13.

On the NVR, Web Service 168.xxx.x.xxx, and IE blue icon, the NTP is not enabled for none of them. All of their ports are 123. NVR and Web Service interval is 60, but for blue IE icons its 10.
The NVR and Web Service 168.xxx.x.xxx Server is time.windows.com
The blue IE icon Server is clock.isc.org

Please advise.