IPC-B54IR-Z4E-S3 Cheap waterproof mounting Box

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If DIY is part of the game, then try the 4x4x2 inch plastic box with cover such as a Cantex 10008 junction box. It is $10.58 at Lowe's or about $1.50 more at Home Depot.

Cantex_Box_Outside.jpg

Drill a 22 mm hole (3/4 to 1 inch) in the cover center, for the camera cable, and use 8x32 brass or stainless screws to mount the camera. In the box base side drill a hole for a Connex 3/8-inch die cast zinc clamp-on connector.

Cantex_Box.jpg

For clamping, add a short piece of 1/4 inch ID split plastic tubing to protect the CAT-5E cable when the clamp is tightened. The hole on the left is a drain along with its use to equalize outside and inside air pressure.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it were me and I had such a nice camera, I wouldn't "cheap out" on a box and not use the one that is purpose-built for that camera. The amount of time spent making a $12 universal box work wouldn't be worth it to me and I doubt it would look or function as well as the PFA-121 for that cam.

Just my 2 cents. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

NoProblems

n3wb
Reaction score
If it were me and I had such a nice camera, I wouldn't "cheap out" on a box and not use the one that is purpose-built for that camera. The amount of time spent making a $12 universal box work wouldn't be worth it to me and I doubt it would look or function as well as the PFA-121 for that cam.

Just my 2 cents. :cool:
I fully agree

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - Lorex sells PFA 121 122 junction boxes, and during black friday sales have had nice discounts on them

Otherwise, Andy and others should have them on other sites.