IPC-Color4K-T is switching to "day" profile even without a "Time Plan Setting"

jasimo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, maybe someone could help me with my new IPC-Color4K-T.
My cam is switching to "day" profile, even when I delete all the "Time Plan Settings" and manualy select "night" in the cam settings.
As soon as I switch manually to "night" the camera will switch to "night" but when i leave the config and came back it is set to "day" profile again.

Should the cam not stay in the profile I selected?
Firmware is: V3.120.0000000.21.R, Build Date: 2023-04-18

rgs
Jan

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Pretty sure you still have to set the night profile settings up and you have to fill in the nighttime purple bar

THat just tells the camera when to switch, but it doesnt change actual profile settings

4K-Timeplan.jpg

jasimo

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, switching by schedule works. However, I want the camera not to switch according to the schedule.
I want to switch between day and night via API and this does not work because the cam always falls back into the day mode, even when the time schedule ist empty like in my screenshot.

jasimo

n3wb
Reaction score
The cam is set to 24 hours. Is there any way to raise a bug report to EmpireTech?
Factory reset also does not help.

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have this exact camera and successfully controls day/night by API. I have never even tried to use the schedule. Make sure you go to "profile management" and set it to "full time" first.
You should use Internet Explorer to do any changes in the cameras GUI.

jasimo

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn’t even find Profile management in the gui, could you pls point me to the right direction?

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@jasimo My bad, just logged into my 4K-T and couldn't find it either, so that only applies to the older "Dahua" cameras using the previous GUI.

My schedule looks like this currently: (I am on a slightly older FW than yours; V3.120.0000000.14.R, Build Date: 2023-02-27 4ktschedule.png

As you can see, all is set to night, because my API call has currently set the camera to "night"
When my Blue Iris setup decides it is daytime, it sends the API/ http command and all the lines becomes Orange

Hope that makes sense to you.

Just beware that these cameras running the "new" GUI like the 4K-T uses different commands to switch profiles than the older ones.
The commands below works for the 4K-T

Night profile:
Code:
http://USER:PW@IPADDRESS/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.SwitchMode=3&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.DayNightColor=0
Day profile:
Code:
http://USER:PW@IPADDRESS/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.SwitchMode=0&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.DayNightColor=0

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah Day is the default profile.

I couldn't get API to work with my 4kt. Maybe I did something wrong, so reverted to building a schedule.