IPC-Color4K-T Out of focus issue

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all

I have this issue with my IPC-Color4K-T camera where it's out of focus only in the middle of the field of view. Everything around it seems like it's focus and crystal clear.

The camera is mounted under a soffit 8 FT above ground.

Please see link below of my daytime test. Night is the same issue.

The distant for the test is 16F >14F>10F>8F>4F.

I have also attached my settings.

This is my current firmware - System Version:3.120.0000000.2.RBuild Date:2022-10-21

Thanks for all the help

Attachments

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, not focus related, but exposure related, the picture is too dark in the darker areas - probably currently the fault of the snow causing over exposure - cameras work on 18% grey? - Snow makes too much white and fools the camera into under exposure. Personally, I think it's more important to maybe turn it up a little and blow out the snow slighly than have the centre of the picture and faces there too dark. Just my 2 cents. Can always adjust it down again if too light after the snow clears.

Last edited:

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has there been any news on this issue?

Has this been the 2.8 or the 3.6 mm version.

The cam would be an option for one of my locations but this (edit: focus issue) doesn't look too good.

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using any backlight (WDR/BLC/etc)? My 4K/X (same camera but in bullet style) needs WDR set to 8 during the day due to high contrast between bright sunlight and shade.

Give that a shot and see what happens.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
BLC is fanastic when used correctly.

I'm using it on one of my cameras.

1. You need a genuine backlight situation

2. Run BLC but choose custom

3. Adjust the custom sample area (square) to be the size and location of the backlit area.

Running BLC will improve the overall image in backlight situations. Running it when not backlit or in non custom mode will degrade the picture in my experience.

Overall conclusion: BLC is fantastic in genuine backlit situations and if used via the custom settings in that scenario it should improve your picture. I still think it could also be made a little better though.

Also a bug question as on mine when I pause or playback with a person detected using incamera mode, the picture suddenly takes a turn for the worse again as if one of the image parameters that causes noise has suddenly altered. As soon as you unpause or the detected person leaves the scene, it reverts to normal compensation.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In case you replied to me, I was actually refering to the focus problem - sorry for that.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I was picking up on CanCubas suggestion of using BLC and just feeding back my findings as generally most people on here have tried it, presumably under non backlit conditions, an found it degraded the picture, whereas under the right conditions and custom settings it can work very well.