IPC-Color4K-t180 (dual camera) video settings help

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently changed this camera to a 4096*1216 resolution in the camera GUI but BI video resolution doesn't go that high. I am using ONVIF in BI so should I change to the actual camera model in BI to get the higher resolution?
I'd prefer the higher resolution since this is the main camera that watches the front of my house and I'd like the higher resolution for security reasons.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
It's worth a shot. I always run my cameras at the highest resolution they were designed for, so it's always set at that when I initially run Find/Inspect when loading into BI.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's worth a shot. I always run my cameras at the highest resolution they were designed for, so it's always set at that when I initially run Find/Inspect when loading into BI.
Well, that did it! Thanks! I should have thought of that.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, that did it! Thanks! I should have thought of that.
BI doesn't actively pull in data from the camera, so if a change is made you're usually best to "refresh" by using Find/Inspect. This is definitely the case when adding/changing/messing with PTZ presets.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I may have spoken too soon.
When I look at the stats for nerds it shows native res at 4096x1216, but the stream resolution is 3840x1144. Shouldn't it match the native res?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe just the screens in BI?

Not really sure, haha.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I actually 'fixed' my issue by restoring a backup I made directly from the camera's GUI about 5 months ago.
I don't see anything obvious in the settings or why it works now but I guess I must have changed something (inadvertently) from the last backup.