IPC-Color4K-T180 versus TIOC version

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The IPC-PDW3849-A180-AS-PV is a TIOC version of the 4k-T180 with a less desirable 1/2.7 sensor but with an IR illuminator. Where the 4k-T180 has dual 3.6mm lenses, the TIOC version has two 2.8mm lenses. I would assume that the FOV in the TIOC version is slightly wider given the 2.8mm lenses, but I don't have the TIOC version to compare them. Anyone have both cams that might be able to answer this question?

I have a need for a slightly increased FOV and IR, so if it's a wider view I will swap my current 4k-T180 version with the TIOC version.

unsped

n3wb
Reaction score
Well the vertical is almost twice as much, the 4k-t180 is very narrow.
I don't tink the tioc version warrants the price, it's essentially no better than a reolink duo or annke fcd800/600. If you have the need for IR / extreme FOV, I suggest considering the extremely cheap at the moment fcd600: FCD600 - Panoramic Outdoor PoE Dual Lens Security Camera, 6MP Resolution, 180° Ultra Wide Angle, f/1.2 Super Aperture, BSI Sensor, Color Night Vision & Infrared Night Vision, Built-in Mic, Active Siren & Alarm, Human & Vehicle Detection

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well the vertical is almost twice as much, the 4k-t180 is very narrow.
I don't tink the tioc version warrants the price, it's essentially no better than a reolink duo or annke fcd800/600. If you have the need for IR / extreme FOV, I suggest considering the extremely cheap at the moment fcd600: FCD600 - Panoramic Outdoor PoE Dual Lens Security Camera, 6MP Resolution, 180° Ultra Wide Angle, f/1.2 Super Aperture, BSI Sensor, Color Night Vision & Infrared Night Vision, Built-in Mic, Active Siren & Alarm, Human & Vehicle Detection
I don't think think the TIOC is worth the price either, especially with that sensor and the fact that I don't intend to make use of the TIOC features.

I have two FCD600s and one NDC800. The FCD600 has more than a 180 degree horizontal FOV, in my case about 10 feet more coverage on each side over the Ncd800. Again, I attribute this to the 2.8mm lens in the FCD600 compared to the 4mm lenses in the NCD800. I'm hoping that the TIOC 180 camera has a similarly wider FOV.

My issue is that I have a pretty clean installation right now with a PFA-130-E junction box and my 4k-T180 on a ulility pole on the back corner of my yard. The FCD600 is bigger (just over 6 inches in diameter) and I don't see a readily available junction box for it. So I'd rather just swap the 4k-T180 for a camera that can use the same box.

Last edited:

unsped

n3wb
Reaction score
I get that, the mount is pretty flimsy and oddly shaped. I adapt all my cameras to a 4" junction box, then design / 3d print a sleeve that goes over it. Mainly so I don't have to keep putting holes in my walls. I made one for the FCD600, if it solves a problem for you I'm happy to make some extras.

Here is the junction box I use:

ncd600.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get that, the mount is pretty flimsy and oddly shaped. I adapt all my cameras to a 4" junction box, then design / 3d print a sleeve that goes over it. Mainly so I don't have to keep putting holes in my walls. I made one for the FCD600, if it solves a problem for you I'm happy to make some extras.

View attachment 185294
Wow. That looks great. So what is shown in the photo fits over a Sigma junction box? If so, is there an opening for the conduit?

mooch91

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

View attachment 185294
Awesome work. I'm about to send back the FCD600 because there is nothing available to which that rectangular shape of the camera will cleanly mount. Any way you can create something with that shape which is more universal? That is, just adapts the 5.5"x4" rectangle of the camera to a certain size flat round end (5"?) which could be drilled as appropriate to match any junction box?

unsped

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome work. I'm about to send back the FCD600 because there is nothing available to which that rectangular shape of the camera will cleanly mount. Any way you can create something with that shape which is more universal? That is, just adapts the 5.5"x4" rectangle of the camera to a certain size flat round end (5"?) which could be drilled as appropriate to match any junction box?
Sure, if you have information on the specific junction box you are using that would help. It would like need to be a 2 piece printed part but that isn't a problem.

mooch91

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sure, if you have information on the specific junction box you are using that would help. It would like need to be a 2 piece printed part but that isn't a problem.
I've been using the PFA130-E for all of my cameras.

Its diameter looks to be a little smaller than the 5.5" width of the Annke mount. I know Annke changed the mounts on the FCD600 at some point - I've seen some videos which show it rounder than the current rectangular shape.

1708035805734.png

1708035836349.png

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Attachments

bozoreefer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking to replace my driveway cam with either the IPC-Color4K-T180 or the Annke FCD600.

Do either of these cameras capture the license plate of moving cars clearly?

That is my intention for this particular location of the property.

Thank you!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking to replace my driveway cam with either the IPC-Color4K-T180 or the Annke FCD600.

Thank you!
Just be aware that the IPC-Color4K-T180 has no IR illumination for night time and depends on enough ambient light or its own visible white LED to "see."

bozoreefer

n3wb
Reaction score
Just be aware that the IPC-Color4K-T180 has no IR illumination for night time and depends on enough ambient light or its own visible white LED to "see."
oh dang!

That might be a deal breaker

I have a very bright flood light that lights up the whole driveway upon motion detection, but I think the IR illumination is very important for this location.

Thank you heaps for this!

bozoreefer

n3wb
Reaction score

View attachment 185294
Do you mind sharing the 3D print file for this?

This is a very clean set up and I hope to mimic it!

Thank you!

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all

Thank you!
Annke FCD600 has IR But i don't think will be good for plate to read it.