IPC-HDBW4231F-AS Pin-out wiring diagram

M1CHA3L

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a IPC-HDBW4231F-AS and the rj45 connector is defective because water damage

i have cutted the connector and now i have 6 wires:
orange, purple, brown, blue, grey and yellow

How can i put a keystone jack on the cables?

Have searching here on the forum and tryed but that are other cams, it looks like they have different wiring

Please help me, thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone an idea?
I'm shooting in the dark here, but oftentimes I've seen electronic gear use the resistor color code when it comes to assigning wire colors to pins. For example: Brown = 1, Red = 2, Orange = 3, Yellow = 4, Green = 5, Blue = 6, Violet (Purple) = 7, Gray = 8, White = 9.
That schema does provide two pairs (3/6 & 7/8) but I would be cautious if cam is POE wherein pins 4&5 are for DC+ and pins 7&8 are for DC-.

But again, it's a guess from me. Good luck!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use a multimeter to figure it out. Set it to continuity mode. On the connector side that you cut off put one end of your meter on a wire and the other on each pin inside the connector until it beeps. Then you will know which one goes where.
Good point, I made the assumption they were not attached or some were, etc. otherwise he wouldn't have been asking (I sure wouldn't have been, I would have done exactly as you suggested).
But then again, too often I make assumptions (and I give folks too much credit). :facepalm:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's another scenario but I agree with above that all pins should be terminated. This only has 2 pins for POE.
Good post! Amazingly, all the suggested pins/wire colors, in fact, DO conform to the resistor color code! Well, all but 1; the purple wire to pin 2 instead of a red wire, of which there was none on the OP's RJ-45.

M1CHA3L

n3wb
Reaction score
No does not work, tryed a few color codes
Anyone a solution? there must be official information from dahua how i can put a new connector on it