IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M IPC-HX5X3X-Multi-Rhea_Eng_V2.622.0000000.38.R.211029 Dual lens Firmware

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Does your message imply that we won't see any firmware update for this camera until 2022? That's a bummer to have my new camera that won't let me use a modern browser to view the video.

Also, I understand that this camera can only do IVS on one stream, but I thought I'd be able to pick which lens to use. The dialog in the first image below implies that I can switch the smart plan to the 2nd lens/channel, but I then cannot configure the plan once the 2nd channel has been selected. SmartPSS doesn't even show the ability to select face detection vs. IVS, and the web UI doesn't let me configure it. Note that the dialog doesn't even show the ability to select face detection vs. IVS, and clicking next gives an error since I cannot make that selection. So is the smart plan hard-coded to only channel 1 (even though it appears to let me select which channel to use)?

dahua-smart-plan-channel2.jpg
dahua-select-a-scheme.jpg

Hippman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @EMPIRETECANDY

Is there an updated firmware available yet for IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M ?

Either new version or date for the Dahua Web 5.0?

This camera is brand new and I have been having stability issues with this camera where it goes offline and requires a manual reboot by unplugging the POE network cable.

Right now, if lucky I can get 3-4 weeks before manual reboot is needed. All my other Dahua cameras and gear run 100% fine with no issue. I use CAT6 solid core cabling and have never had drops or issues with any other cameras.

Here is what I have done to troubleshoot:
  • Removed weekly scheduled reboots
  • Reduced encoding from H265 to H264
  • Upgraded to July 2021 firmware (2.622.0000000.36.R, Build Date: 2021-07-10) located on Dahua site here

Anyone else have stability issues with this camera? Does the 4MP dual cam offer better uptime?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
yes, you just make the update with that fw on dahua website, the 4mp has bit good improvement compare to the 2mp.
The 2mp i have a latest new one released at Dec.2021, if you are interested, can contact me for a trying, i will release here later when we test it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes, you just make the update with that fw on dahua website, the 4mp has bit good improvement compare to the 2mp.
The 2mp i have a latest new one released at Dec.2021, if you are interested, can contact me for a trying, i will release here later when we test it.
Does the 2MP firmware add AI?

What does that FW add/modify? I may be willing to try it on one of mine.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
None AI, just some normal update on onvif vresions from i checking, the July fw has some fixing on the Bugs.

Hippman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Andy!! Would be great to test and hope it fixes the stability issues. PM sent.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I uploaded this newest firmware to the 2MP boobie cam and it is a great improvement!

These were my slowest cameras to log into the camera GUI. Wait and wait. Then to pull up the SD card you could take a nap before it would show.

The IVS would get all jittery and flash on the screen and not work half the time. Now it stays rock solid.

This thing is fast and responsive now in the camera GUI. Big improvement.

Hippman

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been running this updated firmware for a month and this has resolved all of my issues. Camera is very stable and working great with no lockups or disconnects from the NVR. Thanks again @EMPIRETECANDY !!

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I upgraded to the firmware currently on the first page (General_IPC-HX5X3X-Multi-Rhea_Eng_P_V2.622.0000000.38.R.211029.bin). The first thing I noticed is that the new web UI has removed the "Device Type" from the version screen. Why would they remove that?

Here's a screenshot of my "before" and "after":
garden-dual-stream-before.png
garden-dual-stream-after.png

Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems like there havent been a fix on the IVS on both channels issues. Is there another update coming soon?
I also have problems getting a sharp stream at night (especially on the edges) does anyone have experiences which setting works best? thanks, frank.

1648668434475.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems like there havent been a fix on the IVS on both channels issues. Is there another update coming soon?
I also have problems getting a sharp stream at night (especially on the edges) does anyone have experiences which setting works best? thanks, frank.

View attachment 123803
That is a tough field of view and IVS can struggle with a FoV that high up at night.

As far as the image, post screenshots of your settings.

Reaction score
Thanks.
Settings are standard...
Backlight off
WB on Auto
Day & Night on Auto
IR Light on SmartIR

Firmware is now the 38R from 2021-10-29

IVS is not working at all on the second channel (cannot be activated under smart plan - seems to be a known issue as far as i followed this thread)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What about codec, bitrate, FPS, iframes, those come into play as well on video quality.

The 2MP version of the camera had issues with IVS only working one channel, but the reviews here showed the 4MP version fixed it. Confirm you have the 4MP version.

Are you using Explorer? This cam is sensitive to browser selection and not all functions are shown in other browsers.

Reaction score
Sorry forgot about to mention that I have the 2 MP version.
Here are my video settings (I´m using the Internet Explorer since the stream is still not working in chrome for me) :
1648669648321.png

Thanks for your support!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it will not be fixed on the 2MP version. That camera is EOL. If you need IVS for both sides, you need to get the 4MP version.

Change it to H264, 15FPS, 15 iframe interval and 4192 bitrate and your image will improve.

espneon

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any workaround on this model for the IR settings being reset on reboot? I've tried the past few firmware versions but the settings will switch back to SmartIR after a reboot.

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I too am annoyed by the IR being reset and would love some way to deal with that. I've thought of a script that would just run every day to change the setting, but of course I've been too busy to even consider that.