IPC-HDBW4421R-AS - new model 4mp turret (no pics)

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's another example of the audio.

A bit of background first. The reason we put the cameras in was because we have idiot neighbours who play their stereo at unreasonable levels. I talked to them one day and asked them to turn it down and they turned it up louder. So we started calling Noise Control. They have had dozens of notices, letters from council, meetings with council and have even had their stereo impounded for a period.

As payback we had cars egged, door bells rung during the night, rocks thrown on the roof, tires let down, screws on the back lawn, mail theft.... all by these idiots. As soon as I put the cameras in this all stopped.

They have been a bit better lately as they have been threatened with a $500 fine every time they make noise. Thier behaviour is now random bursts of stereo. I've managed to capture this mornings on the new cam. It's great because I'll be able to used this as evidence.

Listen with headphones on full the full bass effect - it's quite impressive.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice quality indeed! Btw where is the sound coming from?

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The house to the left of the camera, and about 15 metres behind it (behind the cam)

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
As payback we had cars egged, door bells rung during the night, rocks thrown on the roof, tires let down, screws on the back lawn, mail theft.... all by these idiots. As soon as I put the cameras in this all stopped.

I hope you had the pleasure of catching them at least once on video before they figured out you had cameras up.

As far as the noise goes, they've got some serious power if the rattle I hear in the audio is their house shaking.

I don't mind my neighbours making some noise occasionally (tolerance works wonders back in my direction as well) but it looks like you got stuck with some real winners. Good luck.

Dutchlincoln

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its terrible indeed to have such neighbors!

Come on, its daytime!

Most people are at WORK at that time. Can someone enjoy a piece of music while doing the house and vacuum cleaning?`

Whole meaning of life is to accept some issues from each other, in order to live in good harmony. Not everyone only reads books and have the pick on their neighbors... Get a life!

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is the first time it has been during the day time and the music is usually during the night. The music is so loud I can't hear my TV, sleep, or even have a conversation. If you read what i wrote I was resonable and spoke to them at first and they became dicks about it.

Dutchlincoln, how dare you tell me to get a life when you know nothing of the situation. They don't get dozens of noise abatement notices for enjoyng a piece of music when doing the vacuuming. Go an troll somewhere else.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
MacNCheese what nvr ate you using? I just purchased the same cameras minus the audio and a dahua nvr billed as plug n play. I'm wondering how accurate that will be. I'm not a network or it guy. Nor will I be tinkering with firmware etc. Is it really plug and play?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The same rules apply for conversaions, but it is illegal to intercept communications - ie phone calls etc...

Interestingly in NZ we have the Search and Surveillance act which gives the police the right to recovery any recording or photograph from any person at any time without warrant. I've had police seize footage from my cameras without a warrant. I refused and was threatened with arrest if I didn't hand it over.
Eek, that seems like an overreach, whats wrong with getting a warrant? sheesh, if I were in NZ I'd be recording to an encrypted drive.. good luck getting it w/out my cooperation.

Given my Governments recent attacks on privacy I think I may just go ahead and start seriously considering this..

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased 4 of these cams and I want to know what the optimal setting is for best image quality and space saving on my NVR. Would 2560x1440@15 fps be registered well with good video/image quality when set at 3720 Kb/s ? The reason is that I interpolated my current setting for my HFW-4300S registering at 1920x1080@15 fps with 2048 Kb/s and to me this quality is good. I was assuming this: (2560x1440)/(1920x1080)=1.7777778, using this factor to multiply with 2560 equals 3640 Kb/s adding some extra Kb/s to this value to obtain 3720 Kb/s. What about the optimal iframe frequency for 15 fps: 15 or 30 ?

Thanks a lot.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's another example of the audio.

A bit of background first. The reason we put the cameras in was because we have idiot neighbours who play their stereo at unreasonable levels. I talked to them one day and asked them to turn it down and they turned it up louder. So we started calling Noise Control. They have had dozens of notices, letters from council, meetings with council and have even had their stereo impounded for a period.

They have been a bit better lately as they have been threatened with a $500 fine every time they make noise. Thier behaviour is now random bursts of stereo. I've managed to capture this mornings on the new cam. It's great because I'll be able to used this as evidence.

There are worse things you neighbors could be blasting than Rage Against the Machine. I'm curious if you've tried hooking up a pir sensor to the alarm i/o?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Anyone have a recommended supplier of these cameras? Btw North America is about to get it's own entire line of Dahua cameras supposedly manufactured in Cali.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can someone confirm IPC-HDW4431C-A has alarm i/o ?
Seems like it does with the -A but want to be sure :)

Jon Hunt

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a set screw so you cant easily turn it? I have been trying to you tube reviews but can really find one.