IPC-HDW2231R-ZS latest new firmware 20180813

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I just updated two 2231s with the new firmware, and now they allow me to see the live video from the cameras. Previously, I could not view live video through the cameras' web interfaces. Blue Iris had no problem with them, but while their web interface let me make settings adjustments, it wouldn't show video. Perhaps I was doing something else wrong, but I don't think so! So this update helped in a major way for me. Thanks, Andy!

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
What browser are you using? I use either IE11 or Pale Moon, 32 bit, and have never had a problem viewing the live stream with the original firmware. I haven't updated, yet, cuz if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Pale moon 32 bit. Prior to that update, I saw no video feed.

What is odd, is that the firmware that these cameras had originally had a higher revision number than this update. But the date for the new version is a couple of months newer.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
It is. I wonder if the FW version in your cams is the same one I had before doing the update. Here's what I have now:

2.622.0000000.31.R

What I had, if I recall correctly, was 2.640.0000000 or something like that. I should have written it down!

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine is running what it came with, 2.622.0000000.27.R, Build Date: 2018-05-25. I got it the second week of this month and haven't applied any updates, yet, although I have downloaded the latest version. I have to wonder is that "640" in the version was the problem.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
That may well be. I bought mine in late August, but hadn't gotten around to installing any until a few days ago. I still have another one awaiting installation.

That first series of numbers may be a region code or some other thing that identifies the camera series or the like, and the number at the end of the version ID is likely the actual revision level.

Unfortunately, I updated both of these cameras and didn't write down the old firmware ID from either of them. On the good side, they both work just fine now.

Last edited:

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Andy,
So if I got the PAL version of this camera from you recently, I can just load the NTSC version of the firmware to switch it to NTSC?

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any new firmware ? I wonder why Dahua don't publish Firmware's normally on their website.