Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Andy!

Any idea what changes have been made?

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So far:
  • When you log directly into the cam with Chrome, the video feed is now available without a plugin.
  • A plugin is now required with Internet Explorer. It offers to install one via an .exe file from the camera?
  • The font size of my overlays increased significantly, to 'self adaptation' which appears to be 64x64
  • Day/Night switching is now available under camera profile, although it's somewhat useless, as it doesn't allow you to force color at night. I want color full time, with WDR only during the day. As soon as you select day/night under profile, the 'mode' under conditions tab day/night switches to auto and is grayed out.

Last edited:

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
While my cameras are still working, they seem to have problems. I had them set to auto-reboot Saturdays at 10am. One of them rebooted and came back alive a few minutes later. The other was unresponsive for 1hr20mins. I had to unplug it and plug it back in several times to re-establish a connection. I have disabled the auto-reboot.

Reaction score
Edit - After a simple reset the camera works again!

Would this firmware work on the unbranded camera? I installed it on mine and I don't think it's working since it seems like it keeps rebooting. I thought I'd get an answer to this question first before I troubleshoot and make a bigger mess.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Edit - After a simple reset the camera works again!

Would this firmware work on the unbranded camera? I installed it on mine and I don't think it's working since it seems like it keeps rebooting. I thought I'd get an answer to this question first before I troubleshoot and make a bigger mess.
Branded / unbranded doesn't matter. Generally some caution is a good idea when it comes to firmware updates. They don't always fix things, sometimes they break things.

Reaction score
Fair point. I wanted all the cameras to run the same FW. Now that's it working again, I'm happy and see no need to update again. Thanks for the reply.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had similar issue as you when I updated both my cameras it keeps losing connection to my PoE switch. I did a hard factory reset by pressing the button and both cameras are stable again.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy, I think the IPC-HDW2231R-ZS has a newer firmware than this. V2.800.0000005.0.R Build Date 2019-03-25 Do you have this available for us to download? Thanks.
@EMPIRETECANDY

69Mirek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I have this camera(DH_IPC_HFW4433F-ZSA), is there already 2,800 firmware ...... containing RTMP.

Mirek

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do I do this (found in wiki): Before applying a firmware update, save the camera configuration so it can be reloaded later.

I don't see any place to export a camera configuration. I do see system/import-export, but nothing happens when I hit either button.