IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2 - firmware upgrade fails

zgupie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have 5 pieces of IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2 camera, all of them currently have version V2.800.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2019-11-23.
To upgrade, I downloaded IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2 (the PN version).
When i try to upgrade the camera (Settings>System>Upgrade>File Upgrade) with the file downloaded, it hangs forever with modal message "Transmitting files..., please don't leave this page or close the browser...". After I reload the window, the camera works, but it is not upgraded.
This happens on all 5 pieces.

Any advice? Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reboot the camera before attempting to update the firmware.
Be sure to use Internet explorer or Palemoon 32bit browser or Chrome with the IE tab extension installed.

zgupie

n3wb
Reaction score
Reboot the camera before attempting to update the firmware.
Be sure to use Internet explorer or Palemoon 32bit browser or Chrome with the IE tab extension installed.
Thank you for your advice. Sadly, it does not help.
Accessed the camera via IE, rebooted, then selected the firmware file and it hangs with the message "Transmitting files..., please don't leave this page or close the browser...".

Any other ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a problem with it that you KNOW or HOPING the firmware will fix? If so, what is it?

zgupie

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a problem with it that you KNOW or HOPING the firmware will fix? If so, what is it?
TLDR
There is no particular problem with the camera, but there is a problem while watching it over NVR (I admit it seems there is rather a problem with NVR itself).
When I solve a bigger problem, I always start with the partial problems, eg upgrading every component, so it is up to date (it is supposed to be up to date!).
Still, the question is, why the firmware upgrade process hangs?

OFF TOPIC (you asked that)
Well, I manage about 20 cameras. Some of them are pretty old, some are newer.
When i watch the camera directly on its ip via browser, the video is fluent. Upgrading other cameras' firmware allowed me to watch them in chrome (yes, i know about IE). Thats why i started upgrading all of them.
The problem is, when I watch them via NVR (in chrome and in smartpss also), they become laggy (the video lags eg every 3s for 0.5s).
This happens even if the NVR has only one camera assigned (other are deleted). To be honest, this also happens with the cameras that I was able to upgrade, so there is little chance the upgrade will help.
But this is whole different topic...