IPC-HDW2831T-ZS-S2 very blurry

Levent

n3wb
Reaction score
I got this motorized 8mp and for some reason it's beyond hella blurry I've defaulted the camera and upgraded the firmware I've manually adjusted the focus and all left everything else as default but the image is still blurry it gets a little bit better when I fully focus any ideas and the lens looks really clean, any thoughts?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The close focus range of that camera is like 3 feet so you are probably too close.

Pointing it up to a light is probably messing with the autofocus.

Hit the refresh on that screen and then point it to something like 20 feet away and hit autofocus and see if it improves.

Levent

n3wb
Reaction score
The close focus range of that camera is like 3 feet so you are probably too close.

Pointing it up to a light is probably messing with the autofocus.

Hit the refresh on that screen and then point it to something like 20 feet away and hit autofocus and see if it improves.
I've given that ago pointed it to a wall about 15 feet away, clicked fresh and auto focus it made a sound for bit aka assuming the lens trying to focus and just stops and still blurry

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you able to get it to focus manually? If not, sounds like maybe a defective unit.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like time to send it back. It is rare, but it happens. Could have been dropped in transport and busted the focus.