IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV loses connection/reboots during the day

gwilkolek

n3wb
Reaction score
What firmware have you used? Any news regarding cameras?

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was on the latest firmware. I’d have to look back up. They are boxed up for return but I haven’t had time to return them. At this point I’ll problem just keep them and hope a newer firmware fixes the issues.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Send me a dm, because the fw still under testing, so i can't share it here till full testing.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
New one is with SMD3.0, there still have some bugs, i think later will have another new fw again.

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The firmware did seem to help some for my IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV (and I agree, it's a very bad camera compared to prior Dahua's -- I don't recommend it)

I'm hoping a newer firmware can help even more. At least it's not freezing up for me anymore.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that these type of cameras, although are spec'd and capable of these various parameters, real world testing shows if you try to run these cameras at all of their rated specs like 30fps and high bitrates that you will max out the CPU in the camera and then the camera bugs out just long enough that you miss something. My car is rated for 6,000RPM redline, but I am not gonna run it in 3rd gear on the highway at 6,000RPM...same with these types of cameras - gotta keep them under rated capacity.

And just because someone sells a 4K camera doesn't mean it is going to be any good. Look at all the recommendations on this site regarding not chasing MP... These companies need to offer 4K because that is what the consumer stuff sold at big box stores sell and that is what people want, without realizing the limitations they will now experience, especially at night. In many instances, they put these 4k sensors on the same sensor as a 2MP camera and the 2MP will kick the 4k camera butt all night long...

Look at all the threads where people came here with a jitter in the video or IVS missing motion and they were running 30FPS and when people tell them to drop the FPS and they dropped the FPS to 15FPS the camera became stable. Or the opposite, they are running bitrate too low. Each camera has to be dialed in to what the field of view is that you are seeing.

Maybe you are joking, but if not, I assure you the Reolink isn't as good as you think it is LOL. It is doing things like dropping the FPS and other parameters all together so that it gives you the impression of a good image and also keep the cpu usage down, but once there is motion it is crap.

At least the Dahua cam is showing you there is an issue so that you can fix it before you miss something....

Last edited:

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do You use SMD? After enabling SMD my camera looses connection after some time. And IVS not working at night in the darker conditions.
I just use regular detection, not SMD.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure if you resolved the reboot issues?
Last week I had a same issue on one of my cameras. It turned out to be the "Stream Smooth" control being to high. Lowered mine too 10% and all good. No reboots. Yours on the screen shot shows at 100%. Low spec CPU likely cause.

runraid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i haven’t had them outside. I’ll try this, thanks!!