IPC-HDW4431EM-AS

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Had to buy a few in a hurry as a stop gap until Andy gets in the starlights again. (Far from my first choice, was after starlights but he was out of stock)

Used for secondary general coverage. (Already covered by two starlight PTZs with hard trips)

For the specs, the price Andy sold them was competitive, it's an international model so it comes with proper english firmware.

IPC-HDW4431EM-AS | Dahua Technology

Just a shame DHL is in holiday mode until tomorrow. (Won't see them until Friday)

Has anyone else bought them?
Haven't found any videos online re the quality but it seems to be on par with most of the 4k non starlight range.

Any members with them here?

Last edited:

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Andy has the fixed starlights in stock: Aliexpress.com : Buy Dahua IPC HDW4231EM AS 2MP IR Eyeball Network Camera. free DHL shipping from Reliable network camera suppliers on BEC Technology Co.,Ltd

Ive got the bullet watching my catfood feeder; it sure aint no starlight.. here's how they stack up:

He must of gotten some in after I ordered!!!

Huge difference at longer distances based on your photos but naturally videos would make it stand out even more.

I'll wait until the VF Turret Starlights come back into stock and switch them out.

The EM-VS can look after the VM Sandbox Host/SAN racks or something, the juniors are the only ones to go near it. haha

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@nayr i see the expected big differences in light level and contrast, but i also seem to see a difference in focus (5421E-Z being substantially worse) based on your target. do you think that is due to shutter speed or something else?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the gain is through the roof so the image aint too dark