IPC-HDW5231R-Z Alarm IVS Setting Does Not Persist

oak guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have several of these and I'm trying to set the Alarm Settings to IVS so my Line Crossing Alarm will hit Openhab. I have an SD card installed, tripwire set and the path is to the SD Card. There is no Save button on this page and once I log out, the IVS Alarm setting is unchecked. So this idiot here is missing a step. And these are old enough now to not find anything helping me.Screenshot 2022-07-18 205459.jpg

Thanks
Guy

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer - these cameras are sensitive to browsers. Not Chrome or Edge with the IE tab, but plain ole IE backed into Win10 and available on older Win versions.

oak guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure you are using Internet Explorer - these cameras are sensitive to browsers. Not Chrome or Edge with the IE tab, but plain ole IE backed into Win10 and available on older Win versions.
I just tried it and the setting still does not persist. I have missed a step or something. thanks though!

Reaction score
Explain a little bit.
So you enable IVS checkmark and setup rules. Then hit "save".
Refresh (not log out) the page via refresh button of browser. What is the result? Still check'd or unchecked?

Troubleshooting #2:
try a different item to save on a different page. Change B&W to color, for example. Save. Refresh page. Did the save setting stay?

oak guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes, I can go to the alarm tab and select IVS, then go to the Settings tab and make a change and hit Save there. Log out and in again and the IVS selection on the Alarm tab is unchecked. Also, there is no Save button in my Alarm tab. Screen shot below.

Attachments

oak guy

n3wb
Reaction score
My bad. I believe the Alarm page choices allow you to view the different alarm types. Please disregard this thread altogether. I did mention the word idiot at one point...

Reaction score
Again do not log out but refresh.
That screenshot page looks nothing like my page. If I use a internet explorer, not Chrome not edge, I go to the alarm type page and I get icons for everything not check marks. Maybe you have ancient firmware on the cameras themselves or your browser is blocking various needed JavaScript or some goofy restrictions.

Reaction score
For those at sea this post in the future, The alarm page is used for troubleshooting purposes only. So you can see output text. It is not used to set up or configure motion detection or IVS trip wires and such.

oak guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Can I ask what firmware version you have? I just found DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000018

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the camera is otherwise working to fit your needs, do not update it. It will probably break something that was working.

oak guy

n3wb
Reaction score
What is a good replacement starlight camera for this camera. I can't get the alarm stream working on it anymore. Thanks very much for your help guys.
IPC-HDW5231R-Z

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
The 5231 was King of the Hill before 5442. I have four of the 5231 still in use as it is a fantastic night vision camera. Only reason to upgrade to a 5442 would be for the more color vision at night time. But that comes with its own up and downs. Plus it has really fantastic AI that is different from the 5231.
If you are going to ditch that 5231 send it to me by mail. I wouldn't mind having a crack at it to see what's going on