IPC-HDW5231R-Z and BI questions..

mclain1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
before i pull the trigger on the IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras, Can someone please confirm for me if Blue Iris plays well with the IPC-HDW5231R-Z. I want it to be able to get notifications via(windows\android) and access live feed and recordings locally and externally.

any snags i could come across?

Thanks peeps..

xdq

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine's working well.
The only issue I've had is that I was considering it as a ptz camera without the pt. ie I'd be able to save different focal lengths as presets and have BI switch between them.
It's still possible but you have to use the camera's api and trigger requests at different times (maybe with the help of ifttt)

pls68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been lurking around here for a little while now. I am thinking about getting a 5231r-z too.
@xdq: very intrigued by what you said. So zooming in on the r-z with blue iris is not possible? using the camera's api means sending htto requests? could you please expand on that? Thanks a lot!

xdq

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can zoom within bi and in the mobile app.
What I had hoped to do was store differing levels of zoom as presets. For example zoom in close to my car overnight and zoom out for an area view during the day.

Yes http requests work, you just have to give the zoom as a decimal number (iirc) between 0 and 1

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can zoom within bi and in the mobile app.
What I had hoped to do was store differing levels of zoom as presets. For example zoom in close to my car overnight and zoom out for an area view during the day.

Yes http requests work, you just have to give the zoom as a decimal number (iirc) between 0 and 1
That is not what a varifocal is intended for ...

Reactions: xdq

pls68

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok thank you @xdq for clarifying. I too didn't realize that.