IPC-HDW5231R-Z Connection dropping with profiles

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with one of the cameras I bought from Andy a while back. I have day/night profiles set for the camera. Whenever I put the camera in night mode, it starts dropping connection. At first I thought it might have to do with the IR light drawing too much power, but that is not the case because it does it even without the light on.

It is running an older firmware, and when I tried to update, I see there are two options for logo and no logo. What exactly does this mean? The firmware that it has is: 2.460.0000.15.R, Build Date: 2017-09-07.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How are you powering it? We see many people come here with similar type issues with their camera and the problem ends up being a bad POE - either the switch is going out or a port on the switch.

Have you tried any other sources of power to confirm it is not a power issue instead of a camera issue?

The logo or no logo means when you log in do you want to see the Dahua logo or just the IP Camera text. Some people prefer to see it is Dahua rather than the OEM IP Camera. Some just care that the camera works as intended.

I wouldn't update firmware until you confirm whether it is a power issue or not. Many times a firmware update adds something you were not going to use anyway, but then breaks something you were using. Someone updated a Z12 and all the camera did from that point forward was reboot and timeout. And of course a certain PTZ that lost autotracking with a firmware update.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be the cable as well along with a bad coincidence. Test with a short ethernet cable and validate it's not a PoE problem caused by a bad connection.

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is powered via a POE switch, along with another camera on the same pole, and 5 other cameras on the same system throughout the property. I've swapped ports and switches, to no avail.

Dropping the camera and bench testing is the next step, but I was hoping to troubleshoot remotely before that. It's just odd that it does it with a profile schedule, without the I/R even clicking on.

We shall see! Thanks guys!