IPC-HDW5231R-Z not accessible

atothek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got my first IPC-HDW5231R-Z from @EMPIRETECANDY and I don't see it on my network. I get a link light on the POE+ switch (all ports are POE+) for the camera but it doesn't get a DHCP lease.

I thought maybe it's 802.3at (POE+) and the port needed to be changed to that on the switch, but nope the camera is 802.3af POE.

I tried ConfigTool to see if that would scan for the Dahua camera thinking maybe it was set for Static IP or something on another subnet. Found nothing but my Amcrest cameras that are rebranded Dahua. I want to try resetting the camera, but I don't see anything to do that. It's obviously getting some connection from Ethernet because I get a link light.

With my Hikvision cameras I got recently I just plugged them into the switch and they were on the network via DHCP.

Don't see any visual indicator on the IPC-HDW5231R-Z to show if it's got power or not. Is there one?

What am I missing here?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
this camera is normal POE one not POE+, please check if the power can support POE or POE+ at the same time. camera defaulted ip address is 192.168.1.08, try to ping this on the IE browser, then will show up the activation webpage, require new password setting. Make sure your network also 192.168.1.xx, Just make some setting if you are not at 1 segment.

atothek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this camera is normal POE one not POE+, please check if the power can support POE or POE+ at the same time. camera defaulted ip address is 192.168.1.08, try to ping this on the IE browser, then will show up the activation webpage, require new password setting. Make sure your network also 192.168.1.xx, Just make some setting if you are not at 1 segment.
Thanks, Andy! Will try it out.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@mikenepa Try this. The address you'll type into the browser is listed above... 192.168.1.08

You'll sign in, make it static and then add it to BI. You'll also have to disconnect all of them except for one and then do them one at a time

atothek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got it. It was actually 192.168.1.108 which I found with an ip scanner on my phone. Thanks again, @EMPIRETECANDY and @PSPCommOp

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
LOL, YES, 108,make a typo... Normally 100% of our cams sent never with power problem, because tested before sending to make sure all device are good working one.