IPC-HDW5231R-ZE - Can't get to record on SD card

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently bought and setup an IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and I can't figure out why it won't record to the SD card. I'm not finding any clues as to why. I've checked the scheduled settings and they are set to record but when I go to the playback nothing is there.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you format the card?

I find the record settings not very intuitive, but you have to have a color indicated on the schedule.

I hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you format the card?

I find the record settings not very intuitive, but you have to have a color indicated on the schedule.

I hope that helps.

Yes, I did format the card. Before it was formated it showed that it was there and after formating it I no longer see it.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I did format the card. Before it was formated it showed that it was there and after formating it I no longer see it.
That happened to me on one of my cams; I performed a factory reset and that fixed he problem. It was still on the “bench” (not mounted), so it wasn’t too big of a pain.

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I power cycled the camera and now see the SD card. Is that what you are referring to or is it something different?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I power cycled the camera and now see the SD card. Is that what you are referring to or is it something different?
No but if that work for you that’s great news

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It only worked to see the SD card again. Are you talking about " factory default" option?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t remember if I tried that option in he software or not, but using the button inside the camera did the trick for me.

Hold the button and apply Power to the camera and continue holdong the button for around 30 seconds

twisted copper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well it was either the "factory default" option or the fact that I unselected general and alarm for the record schedule, but it's now working. Now I can hope to get this set up in time to capture the morons in my neighborhood chucking m80's and shooting bottle rockets into the trees. Thanks.