IPC-HDW5231R-ZE IR issues

roc383

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. First, I want to thank all the contributors here. I have been reading through the wealth of knowledge within these forums for over a year and it sure has helped me make some informed decisions to get camera system going. Though I have been reading for a while, this is my first post.

I am currently running nine IP cameras - four of them are IPC - HDW5231R-ZE, purchased from EmpireTech on Amazon. I have been very pleased with these cameras under all conditions. I have an issue with one I just installed; only with IR turned on, rings form around the center of the picture and some stationary spots appear as well. I’ve attached a snap shot to better show what I mean. I understand there can be inherent issues with the internal IR lighting on cameras, but I wanted to check with the community to see if there is something I am missing that is causing this that I can correct. This camera is mounted under a soffit and is about 24 feet from the ground (I know it’s high and won’t identify faces - I have other cams for that, this is for overview). The other cameras are mounted in similar locations around the house and run IR with no issues. I have looked at a post here that goes in-depth about common image problems, and I do not think any fit my issue. I thought this could be a function of IR reflection, but the issue doesn’t appear with similarly located cameras. So, I am not sure if this is a location problem, camera problem, or something else. I really appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer.

Attached is a snap shot of the issue, a snap shot with the same lighting but IR off, and then one with a flood light on to show the area. Someone may be wondering - why not just run with the IR off, the starlight picture is pretty good. Ordinarily it is very dark in this area. Tonight, the neighbors are outside and have a bon fire and some pool lighting on which apparently is enough to give a good image without IR, but this is not a typical scenario.

Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

roc383

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I’ll give it a shot as soon as I can get the extension ladder back from my neighbor. :)