IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, Rain cover ?

wudwork

n3wb
Reaction score
I mounted one on side of eave in the open elements, with no box or any bracket; simply screwed base into eave. Based on what area I want to cover, this is the only practical mounting location. First rain and I get drops sticking to lens and alert triggers are steady. If I mounted to a PFB203w, would that provide enough of a "roof" to block at least the most vertical rain ?

JackNg

n3wb
Reaction score
@wudwork the PFB203w is meant for the ceiling mount camera (like the one you have) be mounted on the wall IF mounting directly on the ceiling is not feasible.
SInce you could already mount it on the eave, could you move it in / back a bit more so that it doesn't any rain splashing or protect from the weather? The eave of a building is, after all, meant to provide the cover that you're looking for.

wudwork

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is mounted to the "fascia trim" board just before it meets the gutter, there is no overhead. Sorry for confusion. I was just thinking about a custom "roof" for each camera I have with this problem. If you take a piece of typing paper and fold it 90 degrees along horizontal center line. On one side, drill holes to align with base of camera. Now remove camera, put that piece between camera and wall and remount. The bent section would provide a roof. Now to find something already like this but in plastic .......

@wudwork the PFB203w is meant for the ceiling mount camera (like the one you have) be mounted on the wall IF mounting directly on the ceiling is not feasible.
SInce you could already mount it on the eave, could you move it in / back a bit more so that it doesn't any rain splashing or protect from the weather? The eave of a building is, after all, meant to provide the cover that you're looking for.