IPC-HDW5431RP-Z Firmware Version

mikelikes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been trying to update the firmware on my Dahua IPC-HDW5431RP-Z but I am not having any luck. Firstly I am having trouble finding any firmware files on Dahua's site so I have tried the "DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813" which I found on this site but it does not work. Has anyone got any ideas? Here is the current version information from the camera:

Software Version2.460.0000.2.R, Build Date: 2016-12-16
WEB Version3.2.1.406614
ONVIF Version2.42

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you buy this unit from Andy? If so, he may be able to send you the latest firmware compatible with your camera :)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
He might still be able to help and is well known on this forum. He is also a IPCT Vendor and provides excellent post-sales support as per many members here on the forum say. You can directly message him at @EMPIRETECANDY
Sorry but I do not know Andy.

mikelikes

n3wb
Reaction score
Long story short I purchased this camera in 2018 and it failed in 2019, just over 1 year old. When I sent it back to my supplier they did not repair it but they gave me another one that I think is second hand. When I got the replacement it was older than my original camera and ever since I then have been unable to update the firmware. The firmware I was running before it failed had better IVS features. I have tried contacting Dahua in Australia but they do not respond.

On the back of the camera it has the following details:
NT-HDW5431RP-Z
P/N 1.0.01.04.18698#0001
(I have the serial number but I am not sure if I should post it)

I also opened up the camera and the only details I could find were the following numbers on the board: (One that looks like a serial number) and 1.1.01.04.12262
These numbers look like the part number and serial number but they do not match up. Has this camera got different parts inside perhaps?

From the web browser the version information is as follows:
Software Version2.460.0000.2.R, Build Date: 2016-12-16
WEB Version3.2.1.406614
ONVIF Version2.42

What is I find strange is that I cannot see the model number of the camera from the web browser or from my NVR

I have been in contact with Andy and he has been very helpful by providing me with a few firmware versions to try but they all fail. Using the config tool it gets to 50% then the camera restarts or if I use internet explorer and connect directly to the camera it just sits there saying "Transmitting files..., please don't leave this page or close the browser..."

I understand and appreciate the theory of "if it aint broke don't fix it" but I know that some of the older firmwares have security vulnerabilities and in addition I was keen to see if there is a newer firmware that no longer requires the browser plugin and internet explorer to view the camera.

Has anyone out there got this camera? If so would you be able to tell me what firmware version you are running? Any other ideas?

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Since you really want to update the firmware on this unit, one thing I can say is that companies prevent end-users from updating the firmware of another brand. I know this sounds weird, but lets for example you purchase a Lorex camera, some Lorex models are made by Dahua, although made by Dahua, they don't support the ability to flash Dahua firmware due to minute differences in the way the PCB's are hard-coded. Your mileage will vary.