IPC-HDW5442T-ZE New cam from Dahua :)

Zimberto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you try hitting the "refresh" button after you adjusted?
Yes
What browser are you using?
Tried both Chrome and Edge.

Also, looking at the video now that it is dark outside the quality was very poor with IR enabled - picture was washed out. I seem to have cured this by setting "Defog" to "Auto" for the Night profile - it had been disabled by default. Maybe this was already reported?

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
All, I just tested the first FW aimed to resolve the IR washout at night on this cam (7/21 revision). Long story short, progress is being made and improvements are seen but further adjustments needed, reported findings back to @EMPIRETECANDY and Dahua. Link to my comparison video post of this FW HERE if interested

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All, I just tested the first FW aimed to resolve the IR washout at night on this cam
I've had so many issues with the new NVR and cams that I forgot to mention that:
I had no IR washout effect at all with my 5442T-ZE. I do know that the effect introduced in wide field of view and when I was doing my night test I wasn't set on the maximum (the 2.7mm) but close enough.
My night view from 1-2 ft was good enough for shaving (I could clearly see that it's time to shave) and it was also more than enough for facial recognition.
Currently I'm doing my tests indoors on my desk and that test was done on complete darkness. Was way better than the new tests of the 7/21 release of Wildcat.
I'll test it tonight on the widest field of view where the problem could be seen but I can tell you all that with a wide field of view that is not 2.7mm, you get a perfect image - not way better but really perfect.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
small correction:
when I'm talking about complete darkness, I didn't take into consideration the IR light from the other cams since I could not see it....
During the test, I've had three cams next to each other pointed 90 degrees from each other. For me it was total darkness but I guess now that the room was full of IR light....
Important point.

Steviedee

n3wb
Reaction score
Trying to setup my email settings with this camera and there seems to be a pre-existing 20 digit password saved in this cameras settings. When I click in the password box the "inbuilt" (hidden) password disappears and I can enter my password. As soon as I hit save, my password is replaced with the hidden 20 digit password. Getting me pretty frustrated. Anyone got any ideas/tips? (added) One last thing also guys, can this loryta brand camera be flashed with firmware from dahuas site for the "same" camera at all. Thinking maybe a complete new firmware may "blank out" or delete the inbuilt email password problem I'm having.

pword.jpg

Cheers Guys

Last edited:

Amazing2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
First of all, I got my cam from @EMPIRETECANDY in 5 days (to Canada). Talk about quick delivery.
I’ve got a small issue though… I noticed that in the last 4 days the cam and NVR would lose connection sporadically (1-2 times a day). After checking the IPC-HDW5442T-ZE logs, I noticed that the camera rebooted on those occasion.

Username:System
Type:Abort
Content: Time: 2020-07-25 19:56:29

Type:Start up
Content:
Reboot Mark: Abort

Firmware installed: V2.800.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2020-06-20

Anyone else has this issue?
Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Zimberto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying to setup my email settings with this camera and there seems to be a pre-existing 20 digit password saved in this cameras settings. When I click in the password box the "inbuilt" (hidden) password disappears and I can enter my password. As soon as I hit save, my password is replaced with the hidden 20 digit password. Getting me pretty frustrated. Anyone got any ideas/tips? (added) One last thing also guys, can this loryta brand camera be flashed with firmware from dahuas site for the "same" camera at all. Thinking maybe a complete new firmware may "blank out" or delete the inbuilt email password problem I'm having.
I wouldn't assume there is "a pre-existing 20 digit password". Having 20 "dots" just makes it harder for people to guess the password since they can't see its length. If you ignore the password issue can you get the test email to work?

BTW for security reasons it is not recommended to give these cameras access the internet.

Steviedee

n3wb
Reaction score
I wouldn't assume there is "a pre-existing 20 digit password". Having 20 "dots" just makes it harder for people to guess the password since they can't see its length. If you ignore the password issue can you get the test email to work?

BTW for security reasons it is not recommended to give these cameras access the internet.
Thanks for your reply, no, unfortunately I cannot get the test email to send. Just a reasonably newbie naive question please: how else am I able to get forwarded notifications sent to my gdmss phone app, about ivs or motion detections? Or shouldn't I? For security issues?
Cheers :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,
First of all, I got my cam from @EMPIRETECANDY in 5 days (to Canada). Talk about quick delivery.
I’ve got a small issue though… I noticed that in the last 4 days the cam and NVR would lose connection sporadically (1-2 times a day). After checking the IPC-HDW5442T-ZE logs, I noticed that the camera rebooted on those occasion.

Type:Abort
Content: Time: 2020-07-25 19:56:29

Type:Start up
Content:
Reboot Mark: Abort

Firmware installed: V2.800.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2020-06-20

Anyone else has this issue?
Thanks! :)
Yes, been reported and it's noted in the firmwares release notes.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got my camera yesterday (5 days from China - wow!) and installed it today. It has R16 firmware and the first thing I noticed was that the video preview on the "Zoom and Focus" tab in the browser interface is not working, although the preview appears to work on other tabs. Needless to say this makes it a little awkward to set up the camera. @EMPIRETECANDY please add that to the FW fix list.

View attachment 66976
Use Internet Explorer or Chrome with IE Tab extension installed.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 67187

Cheers Guys
FLashing Dahua firmware-yes.
Try using IE or Chrome with IE Tab extension installed.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There has a IPC-HDW3841T-ZAS will be released in June. 4K model.

• 4K 20 fps + SMD Plus + Perimeter Protection + Starlight or 4K 30 fps, two modes in one FW
  • - SD card slot, built in Mic, alarm
  • - 3 streams
View attachment 63036
IF ONLY this had a larger sensor. Even smaller sensor than the one on 2831 :(

It feels like 8MP cams are either too expensive or gimped by tiny sensors to keep costs down.

Guess we have to wait a few years before 8MP become cost effective and come with good sensors like 5442

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Guess we have to wait a few years before 8MP become cost effective and come with good sensors like 5442
Patience, grasshopper. lol From 2016-2019 the best affordable low-light sensor was the 2MP 1/2.8". It's only been a year since since the 4MP 1/1.8" became affordable, ... if the same timeline prevails, it'll be another year or two before that jumps.

strafer

n3wb
Reaction score
mounting question
can i mount camera on vertical wall?
looks like i would need to rotate the turret 90° to make the image come out the correct orientation
does the turret rotate 90? Still safe from rain/snow/ice?
Untitled-1.jpg

CJ133

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
mounting question
can i mount camera on vertical wall?
looks like i would need to rotate the turret 90° to make the image come out the correct orientation
does the turret rotate 90? Still safe from rain/snow/ice?
View attachment 67310
I don't know if you're supposed to, but I certainly did.
The ball (camera) is separate from the ring that clamps it down, so you can rotate it anyway you need. They're made incredibly well and versatile.