IPC-HDW5442TM-AS vs IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE

M-Cube

n3wb
Reaction score
Awhile ago I've bought several camera's from Andy, one of them was the IPC-HDW5442TM-AS. Now I am looking to add a few more camera's to the setup and stumbled across the IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE which seems to be newer. Does anyone over here know the differences between the two, since I can't find any differences on the spec sheets?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Read again. The ASE has no IR cut filter and relies on built-in LEDs to provide enough light for color video at night. The AS has an IR cut filter and infrared LEDS for night vision in black and white if your particular application won't allow full color at night. That is the only difference between the two that I know of.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't see it in the specs, but if you download the data sheet for each one, it looks like the "ASE" model supports ePoE and the "AS" model doesn't.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Check with Andy at Empire Tech. There's a whole thread of his with email addresses, Alibab storefront and Amazon storefront.

pswired

n3wb
Reaction score
Check with Andy at Empire Tech. There's a whole thread of his with email addresses, Alibab storefront and Amazon storefront.
I am waiting on a reply from him to find out whether he is planning to carry it in the future, but today he does not carry it.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure of this, I think Andy lists only what he has in stock. He can order specific models. It takes a few weeks.

diegolrz

n3wb
Reaction score
I am waiting on a reply from him to find out whether he is planning to carry it in the future, but today he does not carry it.
Were you able to find these? If you did, please let me know where you got them. Andy doesn't have them.

pswired

n3wb
Reaction score
There are plenty of issues with Dahua stock right now with the Covid-19 issue. Did you check with Andy to see if he could order some in for you?

c_snyder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From what I understand ASE is epoe compliant, AS designation is non epoe. (10mbps @ 800 meters, 100mbps @ 300 meters)

Edit - someone already explained it lol. Additional speed specs are useful i guess.